New MMP DASL pack

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably leaning *towards* buying this, but mainly for the scenario re-work I suppose. Maps #2.

Anyway, kudos to MMP for working on this and of course a friendly "reminder" that if MMP wants to put some brand new French/Italian/British/Allied Minor counters into my kit, I am happy to exchange some space in my bank account. I of course look forward to new maps and larger font rules. :)

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has it only been a month? I thought it was longer. In that case it is not so bad.
It was announced the first Monday of ASLOK and created quite the buzz. Hopefully by winter Offensive we’ll see this hit the P#. I am excited to see the newly balanaced scenarios and the new rubble overlays! Then it will be up to designers to get to work on more new DASL gems!

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like some more preorders trickling in. It is possible a fair number of new ASL players have never seen DASL so don’t know what it is. I’m trying to play more DASL at our club meetings to spread the word and create more interest in this aspect of ASL (as well as to playtest the rebalanced scenarios for this pack.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Dude - the frightfully high overseas postage pretty much makes it an American only game.
Perhaps grouping orders will help?
I preordered through secondchancegames, but the price is hardly lesser.
And customs will hit too, as Switzerland is not in the EU.
This is a problem.
I would dare suggest differenciated prices for non-USA customers - or reduced shipping costs (lower than what the USPS require) which would lead to the same effect.
But I am not holding my breath - I need some to sigh... :dontknow

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While googling the Australian Balance System I came across Guy Chaney & Mike McGrath's balance provisions for, among other scenarios, the DASL scenarios from Streets of Fire and Hedgerow Hell. This was in View from the Trenches 17/18 from March 1998. Some of these suggestions shorten the scenarios by a turn. I wonder if these were enough of an update?

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While googling the Australian Balance System I came across Guy Chaney & Mike McGrath's balance provisions for, among other scenarios, the DASL scenarios from Streets of Fire and Hedgerow Hell. This was in View from the Trenches 17/18 from March 1998. Some of these suggestions shorten the scenarios by a turn. I wonder if these were enough of an update?
We took the Chaney ‘N’ McGrath analyses as one of our starting points.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi :)

Perhaps grouping orders will help?
I don't think it will, since the bigger the parcel, the more Flak we'll get from the customs (and even for a tiny box, MMP always uses HUGE boxes to send their shipments). At least in France, the customs are always attracted by large boxes and sometimes, the fee to pay is totally out of proportion compared to the price of the order. The customs even include the shipping costs from the USA to France in order to calculate the fee to apply, can you imagine this?....

I preordered through secondchancegames, but the price is hardly lesser.
And customs will hit too, as Switzerland is not in the EU.
You think EU is not hit by the customs?... I wish this was the case, but unfortunately it's not.... :(

This is a problem.
Yes, because 99% of non-US residents MMP supporters won't be able to order it. And retailers in Europe will have the same problem. I don't think they will be able to order large quantities of this updated Deluxe module, unfortunately.

I would dare suggest differenciated prices for non-USA customers - or reduced shipping costs (lower than what the USPS require) which would lead to the same effect.
I don't see any solution there, since even using surface mail will only save you a few bucks. :( and cheaper prices for "the Third World" would neither be politically very correct nor fair to our US friends ;)

X

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems to me that distributors like SCG should be able to accept European preorders and let us know the magnitude so that we can factor that in. But I may be missing something.