New Members Recruited Lists

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This thread is the place we'd like our Junior Officers to post the names of all the people they've recruited since their last report. There are no hard-and-fast rules on how often you do this, but a minimum of once a week would be a good suggestion. You can either just keep a text file open, or a little pad of paper beside your PC (or just post them in here directly as they happen - whatever works for you). Then every now and again, dump them all into this thread so we are able to access the info later, track stats, etc.

There is no minimum number that people need to recruit, but the primary job of a junior officer *is* recruiting new members, so please do put in the effort. (Your potential promotion to a Senior Officer will be, in large part, based on your performance, and this is a huge part of the job description! ;) ) Likewise - Junior Officers who consistently have very poor numbers here are not likely to keep the position very long.

I don't feel that's a very likely outcome however, based on my own experiences with recent recruiting in the game.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A few tips:

DO NOT get into a flamewar with anyone that gives you a hard time. You will occassionally see (especially in the Barrens) people acting about 4 years old (with the mouths of construction workers!), and absolutely trashtalking you, the guild, and virtually anything else that comes to mind!

My advice? Completely ignore it, and do not even make a single reply. You only add fuel to the fire!

Next item: Is your Officer of a very high level?

I can still (with little effort) add in 10 people in an evening, and I'm generally in the Outlands, where virtually everyone that is going to join a guild is already in one. But, as most of you know, there are no trainers, etc in Outlands, so we must frequently head back to Azeroth. When I'm there, or most especially when I'm flying from one zone to another, I'll spam the 'Join <DethNet>' macro. (Which is how I got my dozen last nite!)

Another thought for high level officers - make an alt! This way, you're all over the place in Azeroth, which is where 99.99% of our new members will come from.

A final thought - the reason we need to ignore the crap users will fling at us when we recruit is that we are all representitives of DethNet. I know, that guy who said that about your momma really deserves what you are about to say, but you can't say it! It's totally unprofessional, and above all, we pride ourselves on how we handle the guild. We're 'spotless', and we need to remain so! (This is also another good reason for a private Officer's Forum - this is a fantastic place for you to vent! "What happens in the Officer's forum, stays in the Officer's Forum..." :laugh: )

Whichever way works for you, go for it - and good luck with your recruiting!

Last edited:

Remo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Remo's SitRep 9/30/2007

Good evening folks!

I haven't been able to play as much as I have wanted in the past week or so and it will probably be another two weeks before I am back on a "regular" schedule. In short, my current living arrangements are not conducive to having a healthy state of mind and as such, I am working like a fiend to correct this HUGE mistake. Now on to the real business!

I greatly apologize as I do believe I am lacking probably about 5 or 6 names from the list below, the "current living arrangement" that shares my house has a knack for randomly tossing papers from my desk. The following list of recruits were recruited by Remo or Nuihc during the two weeks prior to 9/30/2007.

Khorne
Fastro
Butalakari
Kamonalmasy
Keasus
Abeblinkin
Warox
Bigshet
Vecernia
Barrylowmana
Controlsyou
Draukan

Going forward I will use an open text file, save it periodically, and paste it here weekly or so.

I also want to say that I _truly_ enjoy being part of DethNet!! I firmly believe that the overall flow, charisma, strength, and reputation of a Guild are directly inherit to the "Powers That Be" at the top of the ladder. And in this case, you guys and gals have made (and continue to do so) DethNet a great group to be affiliated with!! Thanks so much! Keep up the great work! :D

Remo Williams
I am Created Shiva, Death the Shatterer of Worlds!
Who is this Dogmeat that stands before me?!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Grrrr I wrote a whole bunch of stuff to find out i am under mantis account ( its Atheina) logging out into mine now...lol

Last edited:

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As I was saying..lol

Thats great, I am going to start a thread, Listing a *few* names that are black listed to try to remember not to add back in that might try to be recruited, But I myself screw it up time to time so dont sweat it to much... I have no problem hitting the boot member key....lol

Last edited:

Remo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds Like a Plan!

Sounds great! I think your policy is a great one! I actually used the same thing when I actively ran a guild. I would let just about everyone enlist, I'd give anyone a chance to prove who they are and what they are made of - _then_ if I didn't like what I saw, I'd kick em! ;-)

IMHO, Eject Member is the most powerful Guild Control and it should not be used lightly, but that said - O yes! Sometimes it does need to be used! =)

Okie doke, my account seems to be up and working again - tell Mantis I said thanks much! See ya around Azeroth! =)

As I was saying..lol

Thats great, I am going to start a thread, Listing a *few* names that are black listed to try to remember not to add back in that might try to be recruited, But I myself screw it up time to time so dont sweat it to much... I have no problem hitting the boot member key....lol

Remo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New recruits & one VERY questionable one.

Enlisted by me:

Roseygirl (My daughter)
Effteewin (My son's 48 Hunter - he also has a 70 sham and a 70 warrior on Lightnings Blade - so I'm hoping he'll like DN enough to bring one or both his 70s over!)
And this guy, (CROCKORZ) who I found in Barrens (go figure!) and after I recruited him I immediately questioned how long he'd be with us. He started pushing the limits of the "clean" gchat rule... Just a heads-up to keep an eye out for him and an eye on him ;-)

Remo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A new 70 to the guild!

I just recruited Cowgawd, alevel 70 Feral Druid.

Seems like a very pleasant guy! Hope he sticks around!

Laters folks!

Kelthalas

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Let's see... I got...

Mysterious
Sentenced
Mathar
Guages
Chieftauren

I think the highest one is Mathar who is a level 45, but what can you expect I was running around with my druid today and didnt really go to any high level areas. So no 70's for me..... :(

lol

Fairlindra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok I got your message and all worked out well I am in.
Opusdei
Jahbulon
Suddendeth
are my three for yesterday, will post once a week definitely if there are more then I expect I will do it more frequently.

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok i just recruited these players last 2 hours
1:Neovortex
2:Zapinator
3:Arerena
4:powerheals
5:xales
6:Hunbun
7:Mutha
8:DeadlyMagics
9:Chichichoing
10:Mysibie
11:ElvishNoob
12:Trejimbo
13:Demagus
14:Kolta
15:eek:rdil
Ok thats it for the moment :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Holy crap - good to have the master back!

:salute:

(Oh - Put a <space> after the colon -> : and your message wont have smileys instead of letters :D )

(oops this is Mantis and not Bee lol - that's the problem with having several users sharing computers)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ahhh! A quick request, if you please:

When you add a new member, could you please modify their public note to say "Rank 1", as well as adding in their professions, if possible? Would make life much easier for all of us! :D

Somewhere around here is a thread that explains the numbered ranking system... (I'm at work, so can't hunt it down at the moment). The general idea is that after the GM, the Founders, two levels of Officers, and the banker rank, there are only 5 levels of (named) guild ranks available to the membership; the numbered ranks are a method whereby we can promote people for smaller things, such as helping out in guild chat, putting forth names of people that want to be added ('unofficial' recruiting), doing instance runs, etc. They aren't as flashy as going up a named rank by any means, but they do allow us a method of rewarding people who are making a difference.