New members introduce yourself here

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Father and Grandfather live in Maplewood and I get out there 2-3 times a year (sorry I missed you, Houlie, last month on my way to Wichita, but there was no time to play) so I know there are plenty of good ASLers in your area, Joel.

Welcome, and hope you feel at home!

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everybody,
I'm Joel, I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now and I like what I see. I'm new to the game, started with the kits after I managed to find a pretty nice ASL haul. Old edition AH Rulebook, BV,Yanks, and Red Barracades, all for 100 bucks:halo:
I'm from Minneapolis MN, married, play ASL every friday and things are good! Look forward to reading all the forums.
Thanks.
Hey joel we got some players here in western WI maybe we can get something going later, and welcome to the forum and ASL(100$:angry:I never get deals like that):D

Joel4nier

Tanks are hard
Reaction score
Hey joel we got some players here in western WI maybe we can get something going later, and welcome to the forum and ASL(100$:angry:I never get deals like that):D
That sounds like fun! My wife is from Eau Claire, so maybe I could get her to drop me off on the way to mom's some weekend for a good 5 hour session.

argamemnon

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
n00b from Dallas! Long time gamer, decided to play a real wargame, and ASL kept cropping up as the wargame. Looks like that might be the case.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
n00b from Dallas! Long time gamer, decided to play a real wargame, and ASL kept cropping up as the wargame. Looks like that might be the case.
Even if ASL is my prefered wargame, it is not "the" wargame.
For me, it is the best tactical level wargame (and the game that I prefer among all games): after about 25 years*, I never have been bored by it.
However, welcome here: I do hope you will find all the ressources and fun you are looking for, on this forum.

* I am counting my previous Squad Leader (up to GI : Anvil of Victory), as ASL began only in 1986 (for me).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I stand... corrected? Glad to be here in any case.
I was not trying to lecture you.;)
Just relativizing a little, as ASL is a niche within the niche wargame hobby.
Perhaps, too, was I speaking to my inconscient part, trying to fight my deep and unhealable addiction to ASL.:D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
So, what is the wargame?
I think that there could be no definitive answer, as there are different scales and periods covered by wargames (and it could be difficult to compare, say, World in Flames, ASL and Command & Colors : Ancients).
Among the tactical wargames, ASL is, IMO, the wargame.
But opinions can really be varied, as people await different things from a game...

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sounds like fun! My wife is from Eau Claire, so maybe I could get her to drop me off on the way to mom's some weekend for a good 5 hour session.
Two of our FTF opponents live in E.C. Dat would be tres' cool(I did not take French in school:hush:)

kddupont

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New Member Intro

Greetings,

I joined the board a few months ago and have been lurking on and off since then. I've always tried to stay involved with the ASL community but like many others have had to put ASL on the back burner several times due to family, job and other personal demands. I currently reside in northwest Ohio (the flatlands) and support my ASL habit (and many others) by working as a software developer.

I think this board is a great forum and nicely complements the other ASL resources out in the big bit bucket in the sky.

Thanks for a great board!

kddupont

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi KD,
Welcome here!:redapple::broccoli:

mgstoobs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All Right My First!

Yeah! Fam & all.
All I got left in my wargames is ASL
Hard hit this past year with job prob.
Always had SL/ASL mods in collection for years. I exelerated in what my collection had the most of!

I've learned a lot from playing! I'd like tooo think? That I have some kind of strad/tact in this game. Not.
No one knows ALL the rules. But I think they do!
Every time I play this game, I know I will enjoy! Just because it is so different from any other game I ever played...knowing that I'll learn something NEW in HOW to play it. It is Such an intreche game.
I do not think any one is infaulable to this game.
Can any one know everything about this game to Win every time? Bendiziod!!

I know nothing! Look at my last name & pronounce it correctly!

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kick ass if you don't kick mine!
Tell me what you will!!!

Don't need no smilelys

To good friendly ASL gaming!!
Keep up the good work Men!

Need a Reliable Man in Your Fox Hole?

Mike Stubits

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mike-

Welcome to GS buddy, and thanks for a good game today. Hopefullysee ya at Winter War.

Scott

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Mike-

Welcome to GS buddy, and thanks for a good game today. Hopefullysee ya at Winter War.

Scott
Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum.

Scott, I should be able to make WW. Bendis and Book are also going. Murphy is still on the fence.

jim

GF of Seoul

Reaction score
Howdy nOOB from Dallas. Get motivated and come up to March Madness ASL tourny in Kansas City the weekend of March 14th, 2008 - see our folder on this site.

Welcome!

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all. New to the forum, but into ASL off and on for 7 years. Love the system, love the community. For the last 3 years have lived and played in Europe. Of course now with VASL, we all play with players all over the world, but ASL is still a great way to meet the locals - I encourage you all to fit in a game or two on your next European (or whereever) vacation!