New members introduce yourself here

Desert.tanker

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Just Back from the Gulf and was introduced to the aslsk 1,2+3 out there, what a game, was told of this site and thought that I would find out more about it. looks to me to be a monster.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just Back from the Gulf and was introduced to the aslsk 1,2+3 out there, what a game, was told of this site and thought that I would find out more about it. looks to me to be a monster.
'Monster' in a good way, or 'monster' in a bad way? :)

Welcome.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'Monster' in a good way, or 'monster' in a bad way? :)

Welcome.
It's the kind that. turns you into one of its mindless minions.(and we feel good about it:)) welcome to the forum, and check out the rules and tactics sub forums for info:smoke:

Desert.tanker

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Monster in a good way, forum is very informative to say the least , seems to have it's share of morons that like to stir up #### tho. Can anyone tell me what the contents of Pete Philips from View from the trenches ASL CD,s have on them am interested in buying them, and want to know if it will be worth it?

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you might get an answer to your question here, but you should ask it on the main ASL folder for maximum exposure. Glad you like the exchange here! :)

memsurs

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello! My story is probably very similar to many others on this board. I played SL, COI, and COD extensively in the 80's and into the early 90's whereupon real life caught up to me. Now with the kids getting a little older I have finally decided to take the plunge into ASL. My time is still pretty limited, so my games are going to be email or the rare night of VASL (once I figure that out).

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
welcome, memsurs!

If you're interested, you may find some ftf games in your area, too.

The FO

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, same story.

Played SL, COI, COS and GI.

Actually picked up ASLRB and Beyond Valor at the Origins when AH released it. Play a little, collected up through WoA, then went dorment for around 10 years. Got back into ASL in 1999, found a group of players, and started collecting, a very expensive catch-up to make.

Last year I took a year off. Now I'm back. I generally avoid internet forums, but with the encouragement of Dave, PJ and Blackcloud, hooked into this forum. So far, I have found it pretty friendly, and have gotten some really great information.

Thanks

The FO

Last edited:

spwhites

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, same story.

Played SL, COI, COS and GI.

Actually picked up ASLRB and Beyond Valor at the Origins when AH released it. Play a little, collected up through WoA, then went dorment for around 10 years. Got back into ASL in 1999, found a group of players, and started collecting, a very expensive catch-up to make.

Last year I took a year off. Now I'm back. I generally avoid internet forums, but with the encouragement of Dave, PJ and Blackcloud, hooked into this forum. So far, I have found it pretty friendly, and have gotten some really great information.

Thanks

The FO

Welcome Bob!
Friendly?... yes to a point.
If you post a classic flamewar topic, you will be rolling for random selection following a DR=2 attack from a point blank FT...
by the way, IIFT vs. IFT is one of those topics...
:salute:

The FO

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve, thanks.

I am aware of the classic flamewar topics. It's why I generally stopped reading the ASLML and other internet discussion groups.

Bob

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Hi, new here, of course!
Same old story, been playing since the SL days (late 1980's), now I have most of the MMP output, no 3rd party as yet.

As soon as the kids were walking, I couldn't leave anything with counters set up, so VASL is a good substitute, but you just don't get the same feel as look across that big ol' RB map loaded with counters!

I'm still using the First Ed. rules

I'm not much of a forum or mailing list afficionado, but will contribute if I have anything of value to say.

Lead on!

Last edited:

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome, Kevin!

Re. your avatar: here in the US we replace those 5 signs with 1--"Street Closed"

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

My name is Jim Traver and I, too, am not new to the forums or ASL. I collect ASL just do not play. I have tried to play ftf but schedules and travel distance makes it very tough.
I live in Mifflinburg, Pa about 1 hour due east of State College. I have everything official and a very sizable collection of non-official (heck, I have been around this game since SL).
Life has stepped in and kept me from any type of gaming for long periods of time due to work, family or the US Marines. I have recently completed my 3rd tour in Iraq and have set a goal to learn to play this game that I have so much invested in. If there is anyone in my vicinity drop me a line and I am sure we can set up a game. I am not the most computer savvy either so, if anything, maybe someone could walk me through a some VASL

anzac74

Reaction score
First name
Paco
Country
llSpain
Greetings from Kosovo

Hi @ll,

I've been around this forun until realizing that I never cared for introducing myself, so my apologies and best regards from Pristina, in Kosovo.

I play every now and then through VASL with my brother as we used to be 20 years ago with SL, Panzer Leader and '88.

If anyone is around the Balkans, give me a buzz at my private message

Regards to everyone
Anzac

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome to the "not so new" members of the forum!
Feel free to contribute so this becomes an even nicer place...:cool:

westhefish

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey i am newer to the game asl

hello i am wesley wilson i live in oklahoma and i am really in to the game my neighbor introduced me to it now i am stuck lolhttp://forums.gamesquad.com/images/smilies2/clown.gif
:clown:

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hello i am wesley wilson i live in oklahoma and i am really in to the game my neighbor introduced me to it now i am stuck lolhttp://forums.gamesquad.com/images/smilies2/clown.gif
:clown:
Welcome Wesley! In case you were not aware of it, there is a web site for Oklahoma ASL players:

http://www.oklahomaasl.com/

And there is a tournament in November.

Have fun!

Chris