New members introduce yourself here

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am now leaving the forum for a couple of days. THe IFT/IIft flame war gains another victim. Be cool and some how stop this Da*&ed Flame war!:cry:

Last edited:

lukor21

Recruit
Reaction score
Hi Robin, Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I enjoy this site. Played ASL since the first day and a gamer since the late 60,s. Looking forward to joining some of the conversations. Roy

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome

welcome to the forum from another forum noob:) :ciao: I've gotten a lot of info I didn't have access to before joining. There is a lot of good humor on the forum:laugh: They are a great bunch.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi Robin, Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I enjoy this site. Played ASL since the first day and a gamer since the late 60,s. Looking forward to joining some of the conversations. Roy
Hi Roy, I do hope you will find the resources and fun you are looking for around here.
Welcome!:)

micky_O

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

After a very long absence from the on-line ASL world, I've decided to come around a bit and check it out. I've been playing ASL since 1991, lurked on the ASLML in the mid 90s, and then relocation and a new job have slowed my play quite a lot. Gotta check out VASL one day.........

I am looking forward to ASLOK 2007.

This looks like a very good forum keep up the fantastic work.

Micky

SgtStahler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey micky_O! From another forum new-guy, welcome to the group! I have found this to be a great group of guys and have learned a lot since joining. I even met a local forum regular and have gotten together and played some FtF ASL... New friends online and off - good stuff!

Most definitely check out VASL, it's a fantastic piece of work and pretty easy to get working. And if you do have any difficulty, I am sure many of the guys here (myself included) will be happy to help get you setup.

Cheers!
Sean

micky_O

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Sarge;

This forum seems like a cool place to hang out and talk ASL, was thinking about starting a thread on what the latest releases are for ASL but looking over at the list of classical flame war topics, a thread like that looks to fall into the "TPP products (their effect upon official products, etc.)" category. I guess a more established poster should post such a subject perhaps.

Micky

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Micky,
I don't think that the last ASL releases (MMP ot TPP) is a flamewar fuel per se. The flamewars rather will go up when trying to see some bad influence of TPPs over MMP's projects, etc.
And I would say that these are mild flamewars, as most players do buy TPPs (vs. those who only stick to MMP-official-only products).

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

After a very long absence from the on-line ASL world, I've decided to come around a bit and check it out. I've been playing ASL since 1991, lurked on the ASLML in the mid 90s, and then relocation and a new job have slowed my play quite a lot. Gotta check out VASL one day.........

I am looking forward to ASLOK 2007.

This looks like a very good forum keep up the fantastic work.

Micky
Welcome and hi:D
Been a while for me too:) I'm still learning the basics of VASL myself, so far only used it for set up for FTF games:smoke: While I would love to get to ASLOK Ive got a big parents anniversery that week and will have to wait till 2008:cry: :cry: :cry:

Luke Sineath

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I should introduce myself, huh? I'm new to this, new to ASL. I played S1 from ASLSK#1 and just knew I had to get the RB. Yeah.

spwhites

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess I should introduce myself, huh? I'm new to this, new to ASL. I played S1 from ASLSK#1 and just knew I had to get the RB. Yeah.
Welcome Luke! Thanks for the game; you've got a good feel for the game. BTW, ASL is full of acronyms, to the faithful RB = Red Barricades and rulebook is ASLRB, or in my case, NRBH = no rule book handy...Let's play again sometime.:)

fleetB17

Infantry PSG
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
new to forum not the game

Been reading the posts for a week or two since a friend let me know about this site.

A little about me:
I have 18yrs in the infantry. Still serving and I try to find the time to play the best game I found for tactics and fun. Stress the fun. Did I mention FUN.
I see the IIFT/IFT debate among others and think quit fighting and have fun. :cheeky:

I have read the posts and believe I have the worst shot ever recorded; final DR 33 on my first KGP CG. When the other guy has a sn:2, I have equal chance to get a P CH vs Malf. main gun. At least I fixed the MA the next turn.

Been playing ASL since 1990, other military (beer and pretzels) games before.

I like the CG's more but will play any scenario that I have time for. Currently playing the germans in RB CGIII against one opponent and one as the Russians. Another CG KGP I as the Germans in Stoumont.

My favorite game, (I almost never give up a game) playing one american Scenario, I went into the last movement phase needing two hero creations to win, so going CX to give more attacks against me, I moved. After creating one hero my opponite relized my need to create another hero and quit shooting. Talk about a long shot, get shot at and create two heros to have 4 SMC to count as a MMC to "have a MMC within 1 hex of all roads" as a victory condition.

Last edited:

avak

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi. I have been a lurker for several months, but have decided to become a subscriber. I hope I can contribute something of value.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been reading the posts for a week or two since a friend let me know about this site.

A little about me:
I have 18yrs in the infantry. Still serving and I try to find the time to play the best game I found for tactics and fun. Stress the fun. Did I mention FUN.
I see the IIFT/IFT debate among others and think quit fighting and have fun. :cheeky:

I have read the posts and believe I have the worst shot ever recorded; final DR 33 on my first KGP CG. When the other guy has a sn:2, I have equal chance to get a P CH vs Malf. main gun. At least I fixed the MA the next turn.

Been playing ASL since 1990, other military (beer and pretzels) games before.

I like the CG's more but will play any scenario that I have time for. Currently playing the germans in RB CGIII against one opponent and one as the Russians. Another CG KGP I as the Germans in Stoumont.

My favorite game, (I almost never give up a game) playing one american Scenario, I went into the last movement phase needing two hero creations to win, so going CX to give more attacks against me, I moved. After creating one hero my opponite relized my need to create another hero and quit shooting. Talk about a long shot, get shot at and create two heros to have 4 SMC to count as a MMC to "have a MMC within 1 hex of all roads" as a victory condition.
UUHHH! I did forget to mention the next turn comeback:mad: :laugh: and welcome Fleet.

Last edited:

Javaslinger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Returning guy....

Been out of action for nearly 15 years.. sold my stuff 8 years ago.... (I know, for shame... I had EVERYTHING)....

So I used to play some folks in the Virginia Beach and Newport News area that I think may even still be around. Wow, I'll be they can really kick my arse these days!

Anyway, I'm in grad school (organic chemistry) at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA) so I don't know how much time I'll have for this wonderful idea... but...

I plan on doing this mostly through VASL... I've ordered BV and the first Starter Pack to begin with.... They should be in very soon...

I'll be looking for some kindly gents to ease me back in with some simpler scenario's....

Thanks!

Ken aka Javaslinger

Squike

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
INTRODUCING...yet another noo-old-bie

Twenty five years...twenty five long years. I got hooked on Squad Leader in high school. I even bought the ASL rulebook, just the rulebook mind you, when it first came out and loved it so much that used the SL counters to try out the rules until I could afford BV and later Paratrooper. I finally stopped playing since I got tired of playing solo (not too many opponents in SW Oklahoma -- and it was pre-internet) -- well , that, and college, marriage, kids, new business, etc.

Flash forward to last year, when I discovered that AH WASN'T dead AND I found out wonders of wonders the WBC was really the reincarnated Avalon GameCon -- with Don Greenwood?!? at the helm (talk about a name out of the past!!).

I now live in PA and nearly fell over to learn that the convention is only an hour away. Hmmm...so many opponents...where the heck did I put all of my game stuff? Is it even current? I recall a bunch of errata (too much?) before I stopped playing?

Well the Internet to the rescue again!! Found a bunch of websites. I plan on at least observing at the convention this year. I'll even register soon. I've already contaced MMP and gotten the "new" rulebook and am looking forward to trying it out. Installed VASL last night. Cleared out a space in my shed where the laptop works, the kids don't disturb the board, and the music plays.

Man, what a great time to be alive. Thanks for the forum.

So, HOWDY FORUM!!!

Maybe I'll be playing some of you folks soon -- if I can just figure out where to put those stupid VASL extensions on my laptop.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome, squike! You're in a good area--from what I've heard--for ftf play. And VASL should help get you re-acquainted, too.