New members introduce yourself here

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
lol, I know what Hogan's Heroes is (and knowing my parent, they wouldn't) I actually haven't got around to seeing it yet, last movie with friends we were going to see it but it lost out to Dirty Harry, The Enforcer (and for the worst one in the series, it was pretty damn good).

Maybe next time we shall see Hogan's Heroes.

- The Canadian Dude
I seenk you are confuzing it viss Kelly's Heroes, ja? But I see nussink, nussink!

-Sgt. Schulz

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Hello,
My name is Mike and I am from CT, originally MA. I am 35 and have been a fan of AH games since the mid 80's. My favorites are ASL and the Area/Impulse AH/MMP games. I am starting to get into the Gamers SCS/OCS games since MMP was kind enough to post the rules on their website (I'll repay them with other purchases). Thank you Vassal and Cyberbox, they got me out of gaming retirement because with kids I do not have the space for storing games and keeping current games out. I am time limited so face to face is almost impossible but PBEM or Vassal may work. I'll see...right now I am learning/re-learning games through solo play to get the mechanics and strategies down for eventual virtual play. I make up for a lack of actual game playing with a need for knowledge, I subscribe to Operations and am buying the back issues I can and will try go acquire any and all Journal's and Annuals I can get my hands on. I also am teaching myself the rules to about a half dozen games right now...will I ever play them who knows? I like the challenge of learning how to play new games coupled with the knowledge gain of a historical situation visualized.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome, ScoobySnacks. Have fun with the games no matter how you use them! You should definitely try to log on to the VASL server and watch games being played, too; it'll help you learn ASL quicker and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions after the match (or during, via PM, if others are watching, too.)

Toby G.

F.N.G.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
F.N.G.'s 1st Post

Joined a little while back thought I would stop being part of silent minority and jump into action. have about a zillion questions for everyone. CONGRATS to Canadian Dude for MMP sale That rocks. What a great bunch of people associated with this game. Had all the SL modules back in the early eighties they got a little musty in parents basement. Caught the fever again a couple years back have most modules except West of Alamein, plus assorted other goodies and It,s about time to start playing them. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Right now it's time to make the doughnuts. That means another 12 of hours of fighting the snow armed with my trusty snowplow. Bring it on.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome here Toby!
If you don't have WoA, do buy FKaC : at least you will have the British troops to fight in the ETO. They are a blast (I am not objective, sure).;)

Toby G.

F.N.G.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh Yeah! I do have FKaC, WoA is actually the only one I don't have besides DB but I have that on Preorder. Its all sitting in its Plano boxes waiting to be played. I almost forgot I thought I loaded in the picture correctly. I'll have to check on that.

rzpooch

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Newbie!

Hey everybody,
I just joined the board and am going to get back into asl. I played sl years ago. I was cruising ebay and saw some asl games. It rekindled the wargame fire!
I am waiting for my starter kit now. Once I get it I'll be looking to learn and burn! (probably burn mostly...LOL) The idea of being able to play face to face, by email, and online are awesome!
Later rz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome here RZ.
You are among quite a number of former SL players who are joining ASL via the SKs. This is excellent news for the hobby.
Feel free to ask any questions about the rules, people here are quite ready to give you some help.
And, yes, VASL is a very cool way to play, either PBeM or Online.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey, rz, good to welcome another local! There's a tournament in Bellevue this weekend. . .

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hey there

Hello, just introducing myself. I'm a somewhat new player (I have a fairly good handle on the first two starter kits, but still need my hand held for tanks and a lot of the full rules). Anyway, I really love this game and if anyone is around Lawrence, KS I'm always up for a face to face game! Sadly I don't have a car--though I could probably get one if I wasn't into ASL :) --so I can't make it up to Kansas City. Anyway, I'll be asking plenty of questions around here!

Isley

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Awsome, good to hear someone not afraid of asking questions, god knows I've asked alot.

Uh guys, whats an AFV? :clown:

- The Canadian Dude

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Uh guys, whats an AFV?
An AFV is a vehicle w/ non-star armor factors. Personally, I'm only present on my game-maps, when I'm inside one of these AFV things. It's just too easy to getyourselfkilled unless you'retotallyprotectedfromharm by massive AF.

ChrisBuehler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, just introducing myself. I'm a somewhat new player (I have a fairly good handle on the first two starter kits, but still need my hand held for tanks and a lot of the full rules). Anyway, I really love this game and if anyone is around Lawrence, KS I'm always up for a face to face game! Sadly I don't have a car--though I could probably get one if I wasn't into ASL :) --so I can't make it up to Kansas City. Anyway, I'll be asking plenty of questions around here!

Isley
I met several ASL players from Kansas at the 2005 Austin Tournament though I do not know if they live around Lawrence.

Chris

thrasymachus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know there is some kind of ASL club in Kansas City, but yeah I'm not sure if any of the guys live in Lawrence (I messaged one of them about that on consim world and haven't heard back). I've been playing with a guy in town who seems to know his stuff pretty well though (has the IFT memorized anyway...unless that is pretty standard)...but "unfortunately" his wife is having a baby and that may cut down on the playing time--what were they thinking! ;) I've got VASL though and once I get the full rules down a bit better I'll try jumping in there. I'm also trying to bring in some of my other gaming buddies with the Starter kits...They like what they've seen, but they may not be up for the amount of commitment involved.

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
An AFV is a vehicle w/ non-star armor factors. Personally, I'm only present on my game-maps, when I'm inside one of these AFV things. It's just too easy to getyourselfkilled unless you'retotallyprotectedfromharm by massive AF.
lol, I know what an AFV is man, hense the joking emotioncon -----> :clown:

- The Canadian Dude

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hotrod is dead. Long live Mr Incredible.

:cry: Hotrod is no more. :dead:

I woke up this morning and felt a bit strange. I looked the same, but something did not feel right. I log on here and lo and behold I have had my name change, those deed poll papers finally got through.

So, although I'm not new but I, Mr Incredible says hello to you all!

Long live Mr Incredible! :salute:

:ciao:

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
:cry: Hotrod is no more. :dead:

I woke up this morning and felt a bit strange. I looked the same, but something did not feel right. I log on here and lo and behold I have had my name change, those deed poll papers finally got through.

So, although I'm not new but I, Mr Incredible says hello to you all!

Long live Mr Incredible! :salute:

:ciao:
Use your own avatar please

The real me:

Last edited: