New members introduce yourself here

tekay44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, I started playing the original SL when it first came out, but, then moved around a bit, kids etc. A few months ago I got into ASL and have been playing with the guys in YASL, and, been to the Bunker Bash and Albany tournament. Still concentrating strictly on infantry at the moment, and, looking forward to implementing the vehicle rules. Just found this site and figured I would say hello. So, hello. )

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome here tekay44.
I hope you will find many ressources for your gaming here.

tituscrow

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,
My name is Gerald Koenig I am french even if my last name is german :)
Well i started ASL in 1989, i played for 10 years in France.
Move in california 1998 and restart ASL since last year
But i am a newbie of VASL still trying to figure out how this all works
My english is not great :) but people get used to it :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi All,
Welcome, Gérald!
I hope you'll find good resources and game partners around here.
Do you know that there is a French speaking ASL forum too?
See here : Forum Cote1664
VASL makes you connect the whole world (and its PBeM possibilities help not to be annoyed with the time sector differences).

Best regards

Robin

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,
Hi Gerald...what part of The Golden State are you in? If in the southern half, check out the SoCal ASL Club at Southern California ASL Club to find players near you. Our annual tournament, West Coast Melee, is coming up at the end of February in Irvine, CA.

Semper Fi!
Scott

tituscrow

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HI Scott,

i came for work so unluckyly i am in the silicon valley :) but i already check that web site :) thanks for the link anyways

Gerald

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HI Scott,

i came for work so unluckyly i am in the silicon valley :) but i already check that web site :) thanks for the link anyways

Gerald
Hi Gerald;

There is an ASL club in your area, but I don't remember their name at the moment.

Silicone Valley is a decent place to live...if you can get past the congestion (and they say L.A. traffic is bad!) and the exhorbitant housing costs. I went to High School in Los Gatos.

Semper Fi!
Scott

tituscrow

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
silicon valley

Hi,
yes i found it they meet every last saturday of the month
so i went there first time last month and will go all the time now

those are really cool player the 3 i meet

and i hope to play a lot of vasl so easy look like and no counter mess :p

thanks for the welcoem and the help

tppytel

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

I recently picked up ASL SK 1 and 2, and am greatly enjoying the game so far. While I want to take my time with the SK's to make sure I learn the rules and basic tactics and strategy correctly, I certainly look forward to learning the full system eventually.

So far I've only played some solo games and a couple runs of S1 with my wife - who actually seems to rather like ASL so far, and assures me that "she's going to school me with the Germans" in our next play of S1. While that has been fun, I'm definitely looking for FtF opponents in my neighborhood (Chicago). I've sent out a few emails via this site to some Chicagoans I found - if there are others I've missed, I'd love to hear from you. I'd prefer FtF play over VASL, as I've already got some other PBEM games going and ASL seems so well-suited to FtF play.

Happy New Year!
Todd

brian s

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Todd,

Welcome to ASL! I'm down in the SW burbs (Plainfield), but there are a number of guys that play in and around Chicago. They have a Yahoo Group set up that is a good place to find out who the local guys are. It's at games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASL_Chicago/.

Good luck and have fun!

tppytel

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome to ASL! I'm down in the SW burbs (Plainfield), but there are a number of guys that play in and around Chicago. They have a Yahoo Group set up that is a good place to find out who the local guys are. It's at games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASL_Chicago/.
Awesome! I'll check that out. I figured there had to be a semi-organized group around Chicago, but I just didn't bump into that before. Thanks for the tip - hope to meet you for a game sometime.

DesignXception

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone from Upstate, New York…more precisely outside Albany, New York. I’m new to the forum and for the most part new to ASL. I’ve had occasional experiences with ASL through friends dating back to the late 1980’s but I have never personally owned a copy of the rules or any module until now. I have always had a fascination with WW2 either through literature, movies, documentaries, or games but never have seemed to have the time to properly devote to ASL in the past. However, as I am older and hopefully a bit wiser now…hehe… I have recently decided its time to make the proper commitment and roll up my sleeves and dig in to the pinnacle of war gaming known as ASL. I’ve acquired SK #2 (waiting for the SK#1 reprint), the ASLRB2, and several modules including BV3, Yanks, FkaC, and AoO. The completionist in me will drive me to eventually search out the other available modules and journals. I want to grab as much as I can while some components are still in print. So far I have been fascinated by the rules along with the discussions on this forum, which I find to be a wealth of candid information. I also got VASL up and running. Now I’ll I need is to find someone willing to teach a complete newbie a thing or two either FtF or online over VASL. In the meantime I’ll continue to educate myself on the rules, hunt for more ASL goodies and figure out how many storage containers I’m going to need for all these counters, maps, and scenarios…lol. Those Raaco containers sure look nice.:laugh:

Thanks,
-Bob D.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone from Upstate, New York…more precisely outside Albany, New York. I’m new to the forum and for the most part new to ASL. I’ve had occasional experiences with ASL through friends dating back to the late 1980’s but I have never personally owned a copy of the rules or any module until now. I have always had a fascination with WW2 either through literature, movies, documentaries, or games but never have seemed to have the time to properly devote to ASL in the past. However, as I am older and hopefully a bit wiser now…hehe… I have recently decided its time to make the proper commitment and roll up my sleeves and dig in to the pinnacle of war gaming known as ASL. I’ve acquired SK #2 (waiting for the SK#1 reprint), the ASLRB2, and several modules including BV3, Yanks, FkaC, and AoO. The completionist in me will drive me to eventually search out the other available modules and journals. I want to grab as much as I can while some components are still in print. So far I have been fascinated by the rules along with the discussions on this forum, which I find to be a wealth of candid information. I also got VASL up and running. Now I’ll I need is to find someone willing to teach a complete newbie a thing or two either FtF or online over VASL. In the meantime I’ll continue to educate myself on the rules, hunt for more ASL goodies and figure out how many storage containers I’m going to need for all these counters, maps, and scenarios…lol. Those Raaco containers sure look nice.:laugh:

Thanks,
-Bob D.
Welcome, Bob! I'm fairly certain there is an up-state NY ASL crowd. Check out the tourney & announcement section for info on a tourney in Albany or Syracuse. Also feel free to post in "Opponents Wanted".

dogea

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi,

I'm David from Pully, Switzerland. I'm glad to join you here :)

Best Regards, and roll low

David

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi David!
Seems I already saw you on the French forum!
Swiss guys are welcome here.
For those who don't know where Pully is, it is a small town near to Lausanne, on the side of Lake Geneva (it is called Lac Léman in the region of Pully).

dogea

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi Robin,

Yes, I this time I will try not to post a picture of my ASL collection ;-)

For those interested by Pully, you may find beautiful 360° pictures of this town here :

Images 360°.

I guess I should be the only ASL player in Pully...

BR,

David