Psycho said:
And how is that in order? Wouldn't in order look something like this:

ASLRB
BV
PARA
SOF
YANKS
etc
It's an order of dependency, which I'd say was a key factor when buying anything ASL. A list of modules (again, missing AoO and not updated to reflect the newer stuff) can also be found in the faq too.

I'd hazzard a guess that if someone just posted the 22 or so products in a long list the next question would generally be "What order should I buy them in?" - the graph, however horse-like, helps. :)

Dave

--
Visit The ASL Scenario Archive

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Back at it.

I'm another of those who used to play ASL a lot and then went off and did other things. My youngest son has gotten interested. So I'm doing this for him. Right.

One point of interest about me. Several years ago I spend nearly 24 hours inside the Barrikady Machine Building Plant at Volgograd (Stalingrad). I used to be an arms control treaty inspector. Been to the Mamaev Kurgan, passed Pavlov's House, stuck my foot in the Volga. But I don't own the Red Barricades ASL module.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome here, Soggycrow!
I hope you will have a good time with the bunch of special guys around here...:rolleyes:

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
soggycrow said:
I'm another of those who used to play ASL a lot and then went off and did other things. My youngest son has gotten interested. So I'm doing this for him. Right.

One point of interest about me. Several years ago I spend nearly 24 hours inside the Barrikady Machine Building Plant at Volgograd (Stalingrad). I used to be an arms control treaty inspector. Been to the Mamaev Kurgan, passed Pavlov's House, stuck my foot in the Volga. But I don't own the Red Barricades ASL module.
Welcome! We have a missionary student from Volgograd living in our community and attending our church for the next nine months. I'm tempted to pull out my Red Barricades map one day in the church meeting room ...

Last edited:

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
soggycrow said:
One point of interest about me. Several years ago I spend nearly 24 hours inside the Barrikady Machine Building Plant at Volgograd (Stalingrad). I used to be an arms control treaty inspector. Been to the Mamaev Kurgan, passed Pavlov's House, stuck my foot in the Volga.
Ultimate coolness !!

:hail: :hail: :hail: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Welcome to forums man. You suggest you search for the thread called "Generic Topic" You'll be able to get to know all the crazy's quite quickly that way.

- The Canadian Dude

Stephen Frum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, again

Hello,

After a very long absence from the on-line ASL world, I've decided to come around a bit and check it out.

I've been playing ASL since 1989, participated in the ASLML in the mid 90s, and then (following children) have slowed my play quite a lot.

I am looking forward to ASLOK 2006.

This looks like a very good forum.
Stephen

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
After a very long absence from the on-line ASL world, I've decided to come around a bit and check it out.
Welcome here ! :ciao:
This looks like a very good forum.
Stephen
Of course it is.:cool:
Now, the forum members are another story.:p

Anyway, I hope you'll have a nice time around here.:smoke:
Be carefull not to be caught in too heavy flamewars :bigfire: and don't take some ranting trolls :eek:gre: too seriously : ASL is a game... well, more than just a game...:rolleyes:

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Run while you still can :p

lol, just joking :clown: Welcome to the forums! Good to see people comming back to the game. I'm one of the few who are under 20 (or under 40 for that matter) and am joining ASL not because of parents but because a friend got me addicted :smoke:

Beware of party poopers and people who talk about which hill their poop looks like :nuts:

And most of all, listen to my every word. For I am wise like Doug and Bob McKenzie.

- The Canadian Dude

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Canadian Dude is indeed "wise beyond his years".

What this means is that his I.Q. is (slightly) higher than his age in years. :bite:

Welcome. Remember a good ASL opponent is worth his weight in spent cartidges. Or something like that. :D

Ed B

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, My name is Ed and I am an ASL-oholic.
Hi Ed
I am high on ASL right now. I have been an ASL-oholic since it was first published. It began when a friend hooked me on that gateway game - SL -back in the 70's. I still have all my SL paraphenalia secretly stashed in the closet. I am a mainliner - I have and use just about everything MMP/Hasbro/Avalon has put out (exc: SKs) and tinker with several 3rd party items.
I grew up in ASLOK territory but don't get back there often enough. Still know the area like the set up for Guards Counterattack. Someday the family, money and work planets will align and I will get to attend. At least they have aligned enough that I have found this forum. Looks good.
Currently a member of the DFW branch of the Central Texas ASL group and involved in a Pegasus Bridge CG. Willing to show the ropes (and chains and whips...) to beginners. Just PM me.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome Ed!
Feel at home here.
You can offer your help to newbies in the Opponents Wanted subforum (VASL is a nice way to introduce them to the game, if they are not near your place - with a vocal device like Skype, as there will need a lot of explanations).
You can also debate rule questions in the Rules and Errata subforum.
Anyway, it is pleasant to see newcomers make this place alive (it already is, but one always can do better).:)

Robin

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Welcome to the forums! You'll probally find most people here can be rather.... intriguing. Put none the less we're all a fun much and its good to see some new blood in a forum. God knows we need it :laugh:

Good to have you hear.

- The Canadian Dude

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi, My name is Jorgen. I'm from Sweden and I am a veteran ASLer. Started out in the early 80s with SL and swithched to ASL 1991 and haven't regreted it once. Fell in love with SASL when it was released and have been a keen GSASLer since Rick Lubben gave it new life in 1998.

I found this forum in august and have been keeping up on several threads since then. Thought it was about time I introduced myself and tried to participate in the discussions. :)

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hello Jorgen!
Welcome in the boat!:bandit:
What is GSASL?

Robin, allways interested about new ASL features he can spend money on...

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
GSASL stands for "Group Solitaire Advanced Squad Leader" and is a way of playing SASL where you follow a divisions campaign at a theatre of operation. The division is divided into regiments, battalions and companies with a command structure. You will recieve orders at company level and perform your mission wich is then reported up the ladder. It's great fun. You can find more info on Ricks GSASL site at: http://showcase.netins.net/web/lubbensite/gsasl.htm

This is not active for the moment but I'm currently participating in another GSASL variant following the US 2nd Ranger battalion in Brittany.
http://www.mielants.com/Simulation/GSASL5
There is also a 1st Ranger battalion at http://web.aanet.com.au/1grb/

WesN

Vicious Coon
Reaction score
First name
Wes
Country
llUnited States
I missed this sticky when I signed on a few days ago. My name is Wes and I live in the Tampa area. I haven't touched ASL in almost 2 years, but was firmly entrenched in the Schwerpunkt group here in Florida and will be again once ASLOK is over. Glad to see ASL communication still taking place and most of the usual suspects.

Wes

TheVegeet

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
new guy here

Hello everyone

I just ordered the rulebook and Beyond Valor, officially beginning my ASL gaming career.

I'm gonna need some coaching, if anyone's willing. Look for me on VASL.

Hope to play with all of you soon.