New members introduce yourself here

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I dunno about that teaching thing man. I wouldnt have moved my most valuable tank three hex away from a squad with a bazooka and watch it blow up before it pulls off one shot :devious:

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Man lets not let this thing get personal. I moved that tank there so you would have got to see how your baz works. :lier: And man at least I didn't lose my entire 838 force in a blind dash into the factory AND all my guys on the flank. I lost 1 tank stupidly. You lost one scenario in 4 turns. :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Kilroy said:
Hello,

Kilroy is here

Pleased to meet ya,

Kilroy
My blank VASL US counter has Kilrov.
You must be his Russian cousin, I presume?
Anyway, welcome here.

rustyshields

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey guys,

I've been away from ASL for about 6 years now, but my good friend Keith Dalton has lured me back in. I'm in Mentor, OH and will eventually need a FTF opponent. Anyone local?

Now I just gotta buy back all that good stuff that I sold when I thought I would never play again.

Rusty

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome, Rusty!
So it is for you that Keith was looking for a pdf file describing the values on counters?
Feel at home here.
There is an Opponent Wanted subforum and the Rules and Errata one could help you a lot, too.:cool:

rustyshields

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
Welcome, Rusty!
So it is for you that Keith was looking for a pdf file describing the values on counters?
Feel at home here.
There is an Opponent Wanted subforum and the Rules and Errata one could help you a lot, too.:cool:
Yeah, that would be me.

Things seem to be a bit more organized than when I left, so that should help speed my recovery along.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rusty, talk to Mike Faulkner and Pete Shelling here on this board. They live in the vicinity and Faulkner holds occasional ASL game days. I do too if you are willing to drive down to Columbus.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pitman said:
Rusty, talk to Mike Faulkner and Pete Shelling here on this board. They live in the vicinity and Faulkner holds occasional ASL game days. I do too if you are willing to drive down to Columbus.
There's a halfway point between Cleveland and Charleston.:)

Pvt. Timms

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone
I just started playing ASL, i got the starter kit and I have been playing that constantly against my friends. I'm very interested in getting into the full ASL, and I'm learning VASL right now too. Im just turning 16, so im kinda low on money, so the starter kits are all i can afford right now. See ya all around :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Pvt. Timms said:
Hi everyone
I just started playing ASL, i got the starter kit and I have been playing that constantly against my friends. I'm very interested in getting into the full ASL, and I'm learning VASL right now too. Im just turning 16, so im kinda low on money, so the starter kits are all i can afford right now. See ya all around :D
Hi and welcome here !:bandit:
There is another 16 y.o. newbie around : Canadian Dude.
VASL will definitely help you find opponents, but try to see among the members of this forum if there are other people from Massachusetts.

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Pvt. Timms said:
Hi everyone
Mouhahahahahah!!! It's the rise of the 16 year olds!!! :devious:

Gone are the days of old gronards, this is a new era, with youngings to rule all!!!:nuts:

*cough* ahem, sorry bout that.

Yeah, I'm 16 and I play ASL with a friend and my starter kit is the mail. Good to see I'm not the only teenager to join the hobby.

Welcome to the forums man. And don't be worried about asking really nooby questions. I once posted a thread asking what PTO and AFV meant. No one here is going to give you hard time about stuff like that so feel free to ask whatever you want.

88mmkwk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yet another n00b.....

.....Actually a return to the ASL world after a long time away. Been lurking here for quite a while, actually.

But the good news is I had the luck to buy a full ASL set a number of years ago on e-Bay (w/storage units). This was before the interest we're seeing now started to kick up, so I got a great deal. So I have most of the gear, and now just have to re-learn the system.

I'm a social type ASL'er that plays for fun. I'm trying to get up to speed by lurking in VASL. But I hope to have a FTF game soon with someone with patience. No FTF gamers I know of, but I live about 10 minutes from the sadly departed Cloyde Angell (spelling is wrong, I'm sure). Anyway, if there's anyone in the Newbury Park/Thousand Oaks area in California who likes FTF ASL, let me know. I'm sure it would help me to get back up to speed quicker if I had some help....

Dave

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome, Dave!

Hopefully a Californian will contact you for some FtF. Sounds like VASL is getting you half-way there, though.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rustyshields said:
Hey guys,

I've been away from ASL for about 6 years now, but my good friend Keith Dalton has lured me back in. I'm in Mentor, OH and will eventually need a FTF opponent. Anyone local?

Now I just gotta buy back all that good stuff that I sold when I thought I would never play again.

Rusty
Rusty, I'm sure I'm within 10-20 minutes of you! (Just off 91 between 2 and 90)

I'm almost finished putting my basement back together , so might hold a game day or two before ASLOk.

If you haven't found one yet, I might have a spare copy of BV1st ed I can sell you.

Jim Risher is in Willowick, and he'd probably love a game sometime, too!

rustyshields

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
wrongway149 said:
Rusty, I'm sure I'm within 10-20 minutes of you! (Just off 91 between 2 and 90)

I'm almost finished putting my basement back together , so might hold a game day or two before ASLOk.

If you haven't found one yet, I might have a spare copy of BV1st ed I can sell you.

Jim Risher is in Willowick, and he'd probably love a game sometime, too!
Thanks Pete. Its good to hear from one of the local guys. Yeah, you're pretty close, I'm near Lakeshore. I'll look forward to a match. Definitely let me know when you or Jim put together a game night and I'll try to get permission from the wife.

And I might be intersted in that 1st edition BV. I've got to make a decision on a couple purchases real soon. Waffling between ebay and the online retailers.

Tell me, do any local shops carry ASL material?