New members introduce yourself here

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. I have found both of those websites and will take a look for 2 Half Squads' episodes on the phase processes. They seem to enjoy themselves.
Have you contacted Mark Harms with the Twin Cities ASL Club or the 1st Minnesota Gamers? Both have great people in them and Mark & "Houlie" are both regulars on this forum and you could contact either with a PM. Don't know where in MN you're from, but a few of us Cheeseheads live in NW Wisconsin just across that little creek they call the Mississippi & would be willing to travel (for ASL or Muskie fishing).

Servius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm also a Cheese Head living in the Twin Cities.

I'm on the Twin Cities ASL Club mailing list. I wasn't able to make the meeting this month but maybe next month.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aloha from Big Island of Hawaii
Been playing many years, but mostly solo now, as only a couple of contacts I've found here in Paradise...
Open invitation to anyone to roll some dice, drink some wine, eat some BBQ if ever on the Big Island...
Hey good reason to talk the wife into a vacation to Hawaii...
Yes? Lol

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
We need a phone interface to VASL - use the phone camera, recognize the movements, plug them into the game. The sound part to replace Skype should be easier - at least while most phones have a microphone and speaker, which should last at least for a few mor years.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
We need a phone interface to VASL - use the phone camera, recognize the movements, plug them into the game. The sound part to replace Skype should be easier - at least while most phones have a microphone and speaker, which should last at least for a few mor years.
Hum?

No need to burden VASL with stuff not related to the game and waste precious time of the few code gnomes on such things.

Skype (or alternatives) for voice/camera, washing machines for laundry, a hammer for nails, and VASL for a virtual ASL-interface is better than having to handle a washing machine to sink in a nail, Skype to communicate with dirty laundry etc.

von Marwitz

Richard Weiley

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Played a highly enjoyable game of a Belgian Blitzkrieg (J182) yesterday. Held on for a win as well the Belgians. Held the Z6 building throughout the game with the help of the AT gun and the 9-1 directed MMG.

The German turn 3 reinforcements bypassed Z6 and headed for the main village where I had only two and a half squads anxiously waiting on the reinforcements. The attackers drove out the garrison of the N5 building and contested the G4 and J6 buildings but the counter attacking force eliminated the Germans in the former and reinforced the garrison of the latter, putting victory out of reach for my opponent.

An excellent scenario with high replay value.

Rich

MechaTiblisi

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey everybody!

I'm a DC Metro Area resident who recently purchased and played a game of SK1, and liked it so much that I went ahead and picked up the full rules and Beyond Valor so I could be spun up when we're ready to make the full jump! Also, it seems like it's easier to get a full ASL game than Starter Kit, but c'est la vie! Loving every minute of it.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey everybody!

I'm a DC Metro Area resident who recently purchased and played a game of SK1, and liked it so much that I went ahead and picked up the full rules and Beyond Valor so I could be spun up when we're ready to make the full jump! Also, it seems like it's easier to get a full ASL game than Starter Kit, but c'est la vie! Loving every minute of it.
A couple of options for ASL in the DC Metro (DC Conscripts, and Fredericksburg Fire Eaters are two active groups that regularly get together for gaming). Welcome to the hobby!

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Hi forum dwellers!
I have been lurking for about a month and thought it time i exposed myself, in a manner of speaking. I am currently working through SK3 and will hopefully have DaE in a couple of months, as well as the basic ASL stuff for when i make the leap. I was one of those that originally bought ASL and read extensively but never actually played, due to isolation etc., and i got rid of it in sort of tragic circumstances in the early 90s. Recently, thanks to the INTERNET, i got curious and found VASL, the Desperation Morale website, this forum, 2 half squads and other sites and realised you don't have to be lonely to like ASL, even in Australia. So i have been inspired to take it up in earnest, for ever.

Welcome to the insanity of ASL!! Let me, or anyone else on the forum, know how we can help out.

BTW, your story mirrors my own.

Cheers,

Mark

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Welcome Hemaelstrom. There are quite a number of Aussies around on VASL.

David Wallace
Bruce Probst (BProbst here)
King Billy

and a number of others. Even some Europeans that have time to play during the mornings fit well with Aussies returning from work in the evening.

You'll have fun.

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not just.

There are VASL tourneys involving Asia Pac players (aussies, kiwis and folks across Asia Pac) plus we are meeting at Siem Reap at the end of this month for the Angkorfest!

Rgds Jack

Welcome Hemaelstrom. There are quite a number of Aussies around on VASL.

David Wallace
Bruce Probst (BProbst here)
King Billy

and a number of others. Even some Europeans that have time to play during the mornings fit well with Aussies returning from work in the evening.

You'll have fun.

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome to the madhouse, Clinton!
I hope that you will find useful resources here.
The Rules and Errata folder is an excellent place to receive answers to your questions : Klas Malmstrom and Jrv are the main rules gurus around.
Klas also regroups all the known Questions and Answers where MMP Perry Cocke rules guru gives quasi official anwers to gamers' questions : http://klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html
Enjoy
Oh, my real life name is Robin Reeve.
I can be a fuss, but I bark much louder than I bite. :poser: