New members introduce yourself here

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Cool !

I've had a few games of SK1 and I'm halfway through reading Le Franc Tireur 6. I'm waiting for my RB+BV3 in the mail... I hope to play a full ASL infantry game real soon ! :)

(Edit : ten years ago, I had all 3 SKs, RB1, BV1 and a few other things, so I partially -only partially- understand what I'm reading, don't worry ;) ).
(Edit : also, speaking of LFT, if someone has French-language questions, I'd be glad to help)
LFT are a good outfit, supply some top notch content

Ian

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi all!

I've been reading these forums for quite a while, but just recently signed up.

I currently play ASLSK and am having a go at DaE as the British. Our goal is to move up to full ASL goodness after the campaign, probably by playing VotG.

If i was a counter, I would be someone from the Swedish Volunteers Pack.

Have a great day!

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all!

I currently play ASLSK and am having a go at DaE as the British. Our goal is to move up to full ASL goodness after the campaign, probably by playing VotG.

Have a great day!
welcome aboard, it's a big jump from DaE to VotG's but play the scenarios to get used to the extra chrome rules and terrain and you should be OK

Ian

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
welcome aboard, it's a big jump from DaE to VotG's but play the scenarios to get used to the extra chrome rules and terrain and you should be OK

Ian
Thanks for the heads up. Luckily, my friend has played lots of ASL before (even Red Barricades), so I hope we'll be well prepared for VotG. Great advice trying out the scenarios before the CG!

/Anders

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all!

Have a great day!
Coincidentally, a clerk at my local post office is from Malmö, specifically Rosengård. He was back earlier this summer for a(n eventful) visit.

He's a gamer, but so far has expressed no interest in ASL (although he does make use of the Swedish dice I gave him). His name is Anders. :)

Here's a counter for you.

View attachment 54580

You should be an 8-1 by the time you are finished with Elst.

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Coincidentally, a clerk at my local post office is from Malmö, specifically Rosengård. He was back earlier this summer for a(n eventful) visit.

He's a gamer, but so far has expressed no interest in ASL (although he does make use of the Swedish dice I gave him). His name is Anders. :)

Here's a counter for you.

View attachment 54580

You should be an 8-1 by the time you are finished with Elst.
Haha, thanks for the counter!

Coincidentally, I've been thinking about relocating to Canada..!

I think you should turn him into an ASL player right away so that he can join us in Malmö next summer.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Haha, thanks for the counter!

Coincidentally, I've been thinking about relocating to Canada..!

I think you should turn him into an ASL player right away so that he can join us in Malmö next summer.
Rör all del!

I will ask him next time I see him. If nothing else, he'll be curious to see what Stalingrad looks like after the Germans and Russians are done with it.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everybody. I will check out Twin Cities ASL and VASL.

So I don't need to purchase the new version of Beyond Valor or the two new British modules that take the place of West of Alamein? Other than for the new map boards?
JPaulus, I live in Baldwin WI, about 20-25 minutes from Stillwater. Give me a pm if you want to set something up...I also show up occasionally at the TCASL meetups....I have most of the SK stuff and damned near all the full ASL stuff.

Jim Bach

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello all,

I have been collecting and reading about ASL for 10 years now and looking to start playing just haven't been able to find a teacher / opponent with time and patience for me to really get into it. This may finally be the time. I am in Harrisburg, PA so feel free to message me anytime. Always looking to play and learn.

BW92

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, My name is Brian - joined the forums yesterday (officially...lurked a little bit before).
Started with SL in 1977, advanced up the line of expansions through the '80s.
Laid off board gaming with real life for 20 some years.. but I have a revived interest in ASL (and to a degree ATS).
My main interest now is modding the game system(s) with ideas percolating in my mind for 30 odd years now :)

Esquire

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Forum. My name is Steve. I live in Winchester, VA. I played ASL heavily back in the 1990s. I had every core module, historical module and annual/journal produced through 2004 when i sold it all because i stopped playing (wife, kids, blah, blah, blah.) Since my kids are now snarky teenagers and i have a little free time, i decided to jump back into ASL. I am working through all three starter kits before going back to full ASL (although i have acquired a lot of the core modules again).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Hi Jim, Brian and Steve,
Welcome on board.
If you are looking for opponents and cannot find any near to your place, try VASL, which allows online and PBeM play.
I hope that you will find the resources that you need over here.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Forum. My name is Steve. I live in Winchester, VA. I played ASL heavily back in the 1990s. I had every core module, historical module and annual/journal produced through 2004 when i sold it all because i stopped playing (wife, kids, blah, blah, blah.) Since my kids are now snarky teenagers and i have a little free time, i decided to jump back into ASL. I am working through all three starter kits before going back to full ASL (although i have acquired a lot of the core modules again).
Welcome back to ASL, Steve!
Though you're doing the starter kits now, I would highly recommend that you acquire copies of the new editions of Beyond Valor and Yanks before they go out of print again. If you catch the PTO bug, unfortunately Rising Sun is OOP but I hear rumors that Bouncing Fire Productions may soon reprint Blood and Jungle.
At any rate, welcome back and enjoy the game!

Esquire

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ha! way ahead of you! I have a BV 1st and 3rd edition, and Yanks 1st and 3rd edition. I just missed the boat on Rising Sun (Although i have GH, COB, and WOA.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi Steve (and welcome back)!

If you have the older editions, you don't really need to buy the newer versions. They have updated, nicer-looking counters, updated (and more) scenarios, and the SK-style mapboards, but none of this is really required. I'm in a similar situation (got back into ASL about 6 months ago), only I never sold my old stuff; all I did was get a (SK-style) map bundle, and then I played catch-up on some of the stuff that came out while I was not looking (new mapboards with Action Packs, etc). I didn't try to get the new versions of BV, Yanks, or Rising Sun, or For King and Country (still have my old WoA).

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi!

I am a new ASL-player from Malmö, Sweden. Happy to se Megaloman in the comments above also from Malmö.
At the moment I am playing the starter kits on my own when I have the time. A bit busy with a 7 months old baby.
Trying to learn the full rules by reading chapter A a few minutes at the time between diaper duties.
I thought the rulebook looked intimidating at first but now I have come to appriciate the comprehensivness of it.

Looking forward to being a part of the hobby.
Gustav

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi!

I am a new ASL-player from Malmö, Sweden. Happy to se Megaloman in the comments above also from Malmö.
At the moment I am playing the starter kits on my own when I have the time. A bit busy with a 7 months old baby.
Trying to learn the full rules by reading chapter A a few minutes at the time between diaper duties.
I thought the rulebook looked intimidating at first but now I have come to appriciate the comprehensivness of it.

Looking forward to being a part of the hobby.
Gustav
Welcome to the great world of ASL. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, time will help your understanding and playing as many people as possible really builds your knowledge quickly

Ian

Crustav

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Welcome to the great world of ASL. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, time will help your understanding and playing as many people as possible really builds your knowledge quickly

Ian
Thank you Ian!
This feels like a friendly forum with lots of great people.