hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi guys,

first post here.

:)

Owned the ASLRB and first four moduies ages ago and since language was still a problem, and living in the pre-internet era, I never got to playing ASL.

With ASLSK I became interested again in looking at it but it still took a while to really get going.

Just recently I was really bitten by the ASL bug and now I also own the ASLRB, BV, and VotG, next to all the ASLSK titles and some ASL stuff I already obtained over the last 2-3 years or so.

I'm still in the process of learning the game but am already having a good time.

Hans
Welcome aboard Hans : this is a great place to learn and to find opponents who'd help you learn even faster! :)

Rgds Jackson

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good to meet you Hans. When you have queues just ask. There are no stupid questions and more than half tge time, the question that is bugging you will be bugging others.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Good to meet you Hans. When you have queues just ask. There are no stupid questions and more than half tge time, the question that is bugging you will be bugging others.
Thanks guys!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks guys!

Ignore Vinnie......

He's one of them folks that "instigates" others into flame wars......

But he's also a very likeable sod that others will defend.....

Me, I'm pleased to see you here and enjoy talking with many others to get some good information......

grinder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey there,

Another new guy here. I own a lot of ASL gear from the mid 90s. 1st ed rules, BV, Yanks, WoA, Solitaire, AP1 (I hear this is worth some good money. :)) and a bunch of ASL Journals. I think I may have played 1 full game back then. I just got the 2nd edition rule book recently. I've been reading and re-reading that, lurking on these forums and have lurked a little on VASL watching a couple games. My user name there is PhilB.

I'm looking to get started with some infantry only VASL/PbEM if there are any veterans willing to help a new guy along. Possibly some live VASL as well.

Phil

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey there,

Another new guy here. I own a lot of ASL gear from the mid 90s. 1st ed rules, BV, Yanks, WoA, Solitaire, AP1 (I hear this is worth some good money. :)) and a bunch of ASL Journals. I think I may have played 1 full game back then. I just got the 2nd edition rule book recently. I've been reading and re-reading that, lurking on these forums and have lurked a little on VASL watching a couple games. My user name there is PhilB.

I'm looking to get started with some infantry only VASL/PbEM if there are any veterans willing to help a new guy along. Possibly some live VASL as well.

Phil
Hey Phil - how are you? Thanks for unconcealing and welcome aboard! I am far from being a veteran but happy to do a PBeM or two in the future.

Take care.

Rgds Jack

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland

Phil
Hi Phil,

Welcome! A further option is to ask for opponent's in the "Opponents Wanted" sub-forum, should you wish for additional opponents, although I'm sure Jack will give you a great game.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
and a fine blog it is too

Ian
Ian,

Such a poor attempt at 's*ckin'-*p'......

You need to practice some more.

How you doing with the new job? I seems that it is keeping you away from the GS Forums more or less.....

Glad to see you contribute when you can.

Also, have you finished the plan for the vault of ASL goodies at Oliver's place?

You need to hurry before he starts his "Secret Santa" thingy again......

grinder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PM sent Jack. At least I think it was sent. I don't see it in my sent messages.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ian,

Such a poor attempt at 's*ckin'-*p'......

You need to practice some more.

How you doing with the new job? I seems that it is keeping you away from the GS Forums more or less.....

Glad to see you contribute when you can.

Also, have you finished the plan for the vault of ASL goodies at Oliver's place?

You need to hurry before he starts his "Secret Santa" thingy again......
It's good to be working again but it's been really tough a lot of the time. It's a busy job that tires me a lot even though the physical side is not so much.

I tend to paint figures at night as that actually helps with the fatigue (don't ask me why!) but after stepping away from ASL playing (that really makes me feel very tired) I have started to play more and the negative effect seems to be reduced so hoping I can start playing a few hours at a time again

Cheers for asking

Ian

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Not really new to the forums (since I moderated the original Warfare HQ version and ran the PBEM ladder!), but it's been many years.

Considering dusting off my VASL counters, but haven't made any concrete steps towards that yet. Fortunately still have my eASLRB and love the new version of VASL.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
rewelcome back again

Name sounds familar.

Use 3.2.8 + 6.0.1. (fix) whatever the fix # was.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not really new to the forums (since I moderated the original Warfare HQ version and ran the PBEM ladder!), but it's been many years.

Considering dusting off my VASL counters, but haven't made any concrete steps towards that yet. Fortunately still have my eASLRB and love the new version of VASL.
No you are certainly not 'new' - welcome back! Get a game going!!

Rgds, Jack

Uriah Jones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, newbie here. I got into ASL as a teenager, but haven't had a FtF game since high school. Two months ago I decided it was time to break out the ASL modules again. I've re-learned the basics and am working my way through Beyond Valor. Currently, I am almost finished with Scenario 9, which introduces OBA, yikes... not sure I have the handle on that yet... but it's a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to joining the ASL community and eventually testing my metal against a live opponent.

I live in Salem, OR and there seems to be a ASL group in Portland, so I'm thinking that there should be some opponents within an hour's driving range. The most daunting thing about the re-entry into the ASL experience is all the seldom used rules, at least that is my experience. For example I have yet to employ weather conditions in my scenarios I'm playing... until I can move and shoot straight, I don't care which way the wind is blowing!

Have fun all, and don't let the Krauts ambush you.