New members introduce yourself here

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
In fact, as soon as I told my wife I was going, she told me she'd join in. At first I was filled with joy: could it be that she would finally succumb to the beauty of ASL? But then I realized that being so close to Milano she would have other plans - and this trip could turn out pretty expensive as well!
Oh yes there are so many ways she can empty your bank account in milan, believe me!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi everyone

I am new to the GameSquad forums. I live in Switzerland and dropped out of the ASL community in the 90ies (storing my complete collection of all things ASL safely in the attic). Recently I injured my shoulder and cannot do any mountaineering and climbing for a while. With a lot of free time suddenly available i cleaned out the attic and what do you know ... I discovered my lost treasure.

ASL is a great game and I'm so glad I'm back into it.

And I also just signed up for Itaslia 2013 - so if anyone of you guys is also in attendance: let's have a game :)

Cheers
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

if you live anywhere near Zurich, my great friend and world famous scenario designer Chris Mazzei lives quite near. He lives just across the border in Germany, but would probably be very happy to meet you for a face to face game once in a while.

If you like the idea, PM me and I will put you guys in touch.

PS: he will kick your butt a few times before you learn to deal with his excellent setups and defensive tenacity.

Paolo Cariolato

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
And I also just signed up for Itaslia 2013 - so if anyone of you guys is also in attendance: let's have a game :)
When are you coming? I'll be there since thursday 13th, and I'm try to organize a mini on 2 turns on that day (easy and short stuff), are you interested?

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
When are you coming? I'll be there since thursday 13th, and I'm try to organize a mini on 2 turns on that day (easy and short stuff), are you interested?
Thanks for the offer, but I'll be arriving late at night on Thursday so I won't be able to make it. Also gaming ASL for four days straight will leave my head empty like a sponge...

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Daniel,

From one mountaineer / ASLer to another - welcome!
Dude,

Never would have thought you were a mountaineer.

Not many places in Ireland to practice this hobby.

I was assigned to several units in the US Army and we trained in Mountaineering; 1980 & 1981, Mount Ranier Mountain School, 1988-1992 10th Mountain Division, my unit trained at the Fort Ethan Allen (in upstate Vermont) for four different seasons.... Winter 1988, Spring 1989, Fall 1989, Summer 1990. Four trips to this school and I learned to HATE climbing fr@kking hills and mountains with 30Kg rucksacks......

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Dude,

I was assigned to several units in the US Army and we trained in Mountaineering; 1980 & 1981, Mount Ranier Mountain School, 1988-1992 10th Mountain Division, my unit trained at the Fort Ethan Allen (in upstate Vermont) for four different seasons.... Winter 1988, Spring 1989, Fall 1989, Summer 1990. Four trips to this school and I learned to HATE climbing fr@kking hills and mountains with 30Kg rucksacks......
Hi Kevin,

There's a lot of excellent rock climbing and low altitude mountaineering in Ireland and nearby in Scotland and England. For the higher altitude stuff above the snowline we usually head off to the Alps once a year.

Last edited:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Kevin,

There's a lot of excellent rock climbing and low altitude mountaineering in Ireland and nearby in Scotland and England. For the higher altitude stuff above the snowline we usually head off to the Alps once a year.

Good to hear.

Many a time, I would be the lead climber, but I still trusted my belay man with my life. I always got the biggest soldier to be my belay and I would threaten them with "I will come back from the dead and kill you if you screw up" (one funny guy let me fall about 20 feet, just to see what happened......)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good to hear.

Many a time, I would be the lead climber, but I still trusted my belay man with my life. I always got the biggest soldier to be my belay and I would threaten them with "I will come back from the dead and kill you if you screw up" (one funny guy let me fall about 20 feet, just to see what happened......)
... and I am sure you were laughing and laughing ....

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
A 20+ feet fall is no fun :)

I would go berserk if a climbing partner dicked around like that!

I've fallen similar distances, but in a sense it's reassuring - the protection system has worked, my second knows what he's doing etc.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
A 20+ feet fall is no fun :)

I would go berserk if a climbing partner dicked around like that!

I've fallen similar distances, but in a sense it's reassuring - the protection system has worked, my second knows what he's doing etc.
Unless the incurred injuries make you rediscover ASL :D
The real life consequences seem much more palatable than the ASL result for failing your Climbing DR! :halo::dead::halo:

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
Dude,

Glad you cleared that up. I thought he attended the University of West Virginia...8)

Anvyi

Reaction score
Hello all
My names Mary, I'm Niclys friend, more like my sister. Drow I call and think of as my uncle.
dlazov said I should join, so I did, he is one of the many on here I call my friend.
Soon I will add a picture of me and fill out my profile, until then here's a little about me.
I have been playing now fully for a month or so. I have played more this year but only a few games now and then.
Uncle has been such a great person and a forgiving teacher as well as others on here. The majority of the time I am next to Nicky while she reads and posts on here.
Nicky and I are always together, shes the sister I never had.
I do love this game it is so awesome! It kicks! And so do the people on here.
Thank you all for being so kind to Nicky and I

Mary