New members introduce yourself here

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
PS - This game is causing my symetry / sorting / organizational OCD to go bananas! I spent way WAY to long wondering how best to store these counters that I got stuck in analysis paralysis... :)
I'm going nuts as well. Between Planos+matchboxed-sized cases for my home set, and my recent adoption of Raaco for my travel set, it's counter storage pandemonium in my game room right now. :nuts:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I use a little different type of system, this is 2 of my German tray layouts, I have one more for all the other AFV, I group them by AC (two slots) and then by Tank, AG, and TD, by gun size/year. I have 2 more trays for the black SS, and one smaller tray for the blue SS and one for BFP and one for CH SS/Blue counters, so my German kits is in 8 planos, but mostly only use the 3.

View attachment 37868

You have to remember that for these three German blue trays I have BV1, BV3, RB, KGP I/2, VotG, FB, SK1-3 + Expansion, Journals and Special Ops counters thrown in

Last edited:

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now that I am starting to punch and clip, I need to start considering storage. After reading around, I see that tackle boxes work well for counter storage (I ordered a Plano 3701). I found some blank templates for labels, and have been trying to work out a system which works. So I came up with this layout:

View attachment 37867

However, having not actually played yet, this is theoretical, and may be sub-optimal. I don't know. I think it'll work. Thoughts?

PS - This game is causing my symetry / sorting / organizational OCD to go bananas! I spent way WAY to long wondering how best to store these counters that I got stuck in analysis paralysis... :)
I'm going nuts as well. Between Planos+matchboxed-sized cases for my home set, and my recent adoption of Raaco for my travel set, it's counter storage pandemonium in my game room right now. :nuts:
I use a little different type of system, this is 2 of my German tray layouts, I have one more for all the other AFV, I group them by AC (two slots) and then by Tank, AG, and TD, by gun size/year. I have 2 more trays for the black SS, and one smaller tray for the blue SS and one for BFP and one for CH SS/Blue counters, so my German kits is in 8 planos, but mostly only use the 3.

View attachment 37868

You have to remember that for these three German blue trays I have BV1, BV3, RB, KGP I/2, VotG, FB, SK1-3 + Expansion, Journals and Special Ops counters thrown in
Time to start another counter storage thread. ;)

And while we're at it, maybe another thread on the merits of clipping/trimming/punching/spray coating, etc. counters. :laugh:

mwat

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi everyone!

I originally became got into ASL about 8 years ago, when I was suddenly struck with a desire to play. At the time I was able to pick a lot of stuff up on the cheap: 1st Ed Rulebook, BV 1, Para, Yanks, Partisans!, KGP2 (for some reason), PB, and the Starter Kits available at the time. After teaching myself some approximation of the core of the rules and playing a number of (great) games, I moved across the country. Twice. I had my SK stuff with me, so I've played a few games of that over the previous years. After 6 years, I have relocated my full ASL collection, from my parent's basement where it had sat in storage, to my downtown Toronto apartment. I've updated some of the contents (BV, the rulebook, etc), as being reunited with my collection has suddenly re-fired the obsession. It certainly helps that I am now a gainfully employed professional.

Is there a Toronto ASL club? I'd love to find out how wrong I was in my interpretation of key rules, and get some more use out of this great components. Not that reading the Chapter H rules has ever bored me.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone!

I originally became got into ASL about 8 years ago, when I was suddenly struck with a desire to play. At the time I was able to pick a lot of stuff up on the cheap: 1st Ed Rulebook, BV 1, Para, Yanks, Partisans!, KGP2 (for some reason), PB, and the Starter Kits available at the time. After teaching myself some approximation of the core of the rules and playing a number of (great) games, I moved across the country. Twice. I had my SK stuff with me, so I've played a few games of that over the previous years. After 6 years, I have relocated my full ASL collection, from my parent's basement where it had sat in storage, to my downtown Toronto apartment. I've updated some of the contents (BV, the rulebook, etc), as being reunited with my collection has suddenly re-fired the obsession. It certainly helps that I am now a gainfully employed professional.

Is there a Toronto ASL club? I'd love to find out how wrong I was in my interpretation of key rules, and get some more use out of this great components. Not that reading the Chapter H rules has ever bored me.
PM aiabx here on the forums. He's one of the most active players in TO and a good egg, too. He can also hook you in with a number of other guys there

I lived in Forest Hill until last December.

S

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Time to start another counter storage thread. ;)

And while we're at it, maybe another thread on the merits of clipping/trimming/punching/spray coating, etc. counters. :laugh:
Chris you missed the IIFT thread and a few other things that get people started here, lol ;-)

Cpt Homp

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, new ASL player here. I have the Beyond Valor and Red Barricades module. Mostly looking for PBEM, but wouldn't be opposed to 1/week FtF some evening. Looking forward to learning how to play.

Also, does anyone know if there are clubs in the Newark DE/Philly area?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi, new ASL player here. I have the Beyond Valor and Red Barricades module. Mostly looking for PBEM, but wouldn't be opposed to 1/week FtF some evening. Looking forward to learning how to play.

welcome aboard mate. I am sure their are other players in the Newark area (have noticed the location on some posters). Great place to find opponents if yo have not already found it is the opponets wanted thread in the sticky section of the post titles section.

Ian

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Welcome aboard as well. There are a few folks nearby in the Maryland area (less than 100 miles is nearby in Texas)......

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Jim "JR Brackin" Brackin is in Philly...drop him a line.

I'm in Baltimore (north side), so's MMP, so there's some players around here.

I'm new enough to the area that my geography is less than stellar and not sure what will help most.

S

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Kevin:

Be nice! Spence probably hasn't had an unbroken nights sleep in about six weeks.

SonOfTheNorth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Friends and I just started ASL. StarterKit #3. Played a few scenarios. So far, really enjoying infantry and really confused by armor. Looking to move on to Full ASL soon, but are games are too long as they are (4hrs for S1).

Also, listening to the 2HalfSquads from the beginning. Even have my wife saying "Advanced Squad Leader" instead of "That Game" because of those guys.