Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I just clipped 10 ASL countersheets and 5 half sheets. I got 25 to go...

I just broke my C4 after 4 years of use....
RSI = Repetitive Strain Idiot!

I sharpen mine to a perfect nubless square!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
darn I found the BFP counter sheets I never got around to clipping so that brings the total back up to 32 counter sheets to cut out and clip. I did not include the CH counters that I just now remembered I got in my desk draw, that is another 10 to 15 sheets...man will it ever end...?

Dropped another 20 on another C4, lucliky I got enough X-acto blades stashed away.

Darn it now I am running out of planos...I need some new ones for RS, crap that is almost here...

Luckily its winter time projects...

floridarebel

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone, My name is Dean and I'd like to introduce myself... I first started with Avalon Hill games when my parents bought me Panzer Blitz or perhaps Luftwaffe (can't remember which was first anymore) for Christmas. I bought a lot of different games but stayed away from Squad Leader until a friend showed me his copy and then I got the bug and purchased it for myself. When ASL came out with BV I bought that and loved it. I bought everything that was in the ASL line until I got a real full time job as a High School Teacher and then I stopped buying because I simply didn't have the time anymore to enjoy it. Nor did I have any close friends to enjoy it with. Unbelievably, 17 and 1/2 years passed me by with it sitting on my shelf and me not touching it. I rarely followed what was happening to the hobby or what was being produced by AH or MMP and always thought that when I had enough time I simply be able to purchase what I have missed and be able to find someone to play the game with. I have purchased much of what has been produced except for the out of stock stuff like KGP II and A Bridge Too Far, much to my disappointment. I now have the time to play, since I'm not working but, unfortunately, I don't live real close to anyone, so I guess it's going to have to VASL for me. But, I am happy to be back in the saddle again. This is a great site and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello everyone, My name is Dean and I'd like to introduce myself... I first started with Avalon Hill games when my parents bought me Panzer Blitz or perhaps Luftwaffe (can't remember which was first anymore) for Christmas. I bought a lot of different games but stayed away from Squad Leader until a friend showed me his copy and then I got the bug and purchased it for myself. When ASL came out with BV I bought that and loved it. I bought everything that was in the ASL line until I got a real full time job as a High School Teacher and then I stopped buying because I simply didn't have the time anymore to enjoy it. Nor did I have any close friends to enjoy it with. Unbelievably, 17 and 1/2 years passed me by with it sitting on my shelf and me not touching it. I rarely followed what was happening to the hobby or what was being produced by AH or MMP and always thought that when I had enough time I simply be able to purchase what I have missed and be able to find someone to play the game with. I have purchased much of what has been produced except for the out of stock stuff like KGP II and A Bridge Too Far, much to my disappointment. I now have the time to play, since I'm not working but, unfortunately, I don't live real close to anyone, so I guess it's going to have to VASL for me. But, I am happy to be back in the saddle again. This is a great site and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts.
Hi Dean

glad you did not sell your gear off as many have before you. VASL works well, both live and PBeM. Live it really works best with Skype or such like

Ian

Squeinstein

Recruit
Reaction score
That is nice. Good, clean cuts. Any trouble aligning them in the punch?
Its pretty fool-proof. There are guides on the side to get the corner at 90 degrees... and if you hold the tool upside down, there is a hole you can see the counter before you clip, in case you need to fine tune (that's were the clipped material is ejected)

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm from Derbyshire, we don't clip sheep, we have other uses for them:devious:

Ian
I was referring to the flock on your Sniper! reminders. But your mind (and who knows what else) was obviously elsewhere.

Sorry to interrupt your, uh, concentration. :laugh:

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Welcome aboard Dean! :cool:
If you'll be looking for VASL opponents, consider the joining the ladder: http://aslladder.com

Desert.tanker

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Well after a couple of years away I found my way back to this forum and look forward to finding out what I have missed ? Hope you guys can maybe help me out there?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well after a couple of years away I found my way back to this forum and look forward to finding out what I have missed ? Hope you guys can maybe help me out there?
It's a nice lot around here, most don't bite (well not all the time).

is that Nottingham UK or UAS?

Ian

Squeinstein

Recruit
Reaction score
Here is a picture of some of my of 1/2" counters using the 2mm. Just started clipping this afternoon. For me, this hits the "Goldilocks Standard" aka "Just Right"
Now that I am starting to punch and clip, I need to start considering storage. After reading around, I see that tackle boxes work well for counter storage (I ordered a Plano 3701). I found some blank templates for labels, and have been trying to work out a system which works. So I came up with this layout:

View attachment 37867

However, having not actually played yet, this is theoretical, and may be sub-optimal. I don't know. I think it'll work. Thoughts?

PS - This game is causing my symetry / sorting / organizational OCD to go bananas! I spent way WAY to long wondering how best to store these counters that I got stuck in analysis paralysis... :)

Last edited: