New members introduce yourself here

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When the new Yanks comes out I will buy it but in the mean time I may have to settle for what is available.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
When the new Yanks comes out I will buy it but in the mean time I may have to settle for what is available.
There is WAY too much goodness out there without the need for yanks , IMO

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is WAY too much goodness out there without the need for yanks , IMO
Thats because you hate them Yank scenarios, not that I am that far behind you but at least I will play something with Americans in it LOL

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least both of you have that option. I salute MMP's efforts to update the core ASL modules I just wish there hadn't been a lapse in available products.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
At least both of you have that option. I salute MMP's efforts to update the core ASL modules I just wish there hadn't been a lapse in available products.
Yes we do, though in honesty I don't pull the counters that often. most of my games involving American troops happens on VASL at the moment. Mst FtF scenarios at the moment include Minors and the usual Russian German bashes.

You obviously can play with the Americans on VASL but have to rely on your oppo for relevant Chap H stuff etc,

Ian

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry guys. I wasn't trying to be a jerk but rather was just venting my frustration. It's offical, I'm now a ASL addict looking for the next shiny.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry guys. I wasn't trying to be a jerk but rather was just venting my frustration. It's offical, I'm now a ASL addict looking for the next shiny.
Never thought you were. You need to be here a lot longer before you can even TRY for jerk status.

I would hate to be trying to get the stuff together here and now

Ian

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree Ian it is a pain trying to fill out you collection now with core modules out of print and supplements out pricing commodities. But the out pouring of support I've seen from the people here has more than made up for it. To Jim, Martin, and others thank you. Thank you for making this old gaming / history nerd's return to ASL a lot easier.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Fortunatly it was a 16 year old spotty. Martin Mayers that meth addicted lard ar$e also gave him BV the rules and boards, I gave him Partisan and Last Huzzah and boards as well. I guess it's been tossed under the bed now
He did make a token appearance on here then appears to have disappeared for good.
Oh well...never mind

spooner

Reaction score
Country
ll
Re: Not to new to GameSquad, or ASL. I just been lurking.

So it is time I came out from under my stone.
I have been playing this enjoyable, addictive, & madding game for years.(still SL & all expansion in the loft) My first real FtF outings were at the Manchester board wargame club, where a bunch of played a yearly mini tournament run by Mike Standbridge.
Once or twice a year in early 90's I went to hut on welsh mountain to play a Red Barricades. (remember that paul_rs ?).
Gareth.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

So it is time I came out from under my stone.
I have been playing this enjoyable, addictive, & madding game for years.(still SL & all expansion in the loft) My first real FtF outings were at the Manchester board wargame club, where a bunch of played a yearly mini tournament run by Mike Standbridge.
Once or twice a year in early 90's I went to hut on welsh mountain to play a Red Barricades. (remember that paul_rs ?).
Gareth.
Welcome to gamesquad, Liverpool has a big ASL player base and Manchester aea sports a few more.

Are you going to Blackpool to Heroes in early March? Even if you are rusty it's a great place to go and meet the guys as well as play lots of ASL

Ian

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I wasn't trying to be a jerk but rather was just venting my frustration.
Your frustration is understandable, and you kept within the limits of civil interaction.
I agree Ian it is a pain trying to fill out you collection now with core modules out of print and supplements out pricing commodities.
The full set never was available at one single time.
The grognards had to wait for years to see some announced modules to be printed the first time.
I believe that there is an element of frustration that older players did not have and that you can have: you know that some modules were printed and are no more...
Now, if I were in that situation at that time, I think I would not have hesitated to shove out a lot of money to get those OOP modules... But it would have been much more complicated, as I am on Internet only since 2001.
But, as I am an addict, I believe I would have managed to reach my aims (where there is a will, there is a way).

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Your frustration is understandable, and you kept within the limits of civil interaction.
The full set never was available at one single time.
The grognards had to wait for years to see some announced modules to be printed the first time.
I believe that there is an element of frustration that older players did not have and that you can have: you know that some modules were printed and are no more...
Now, if I were in that situation at that time, I think I would not have hesitated to shove out a lot of money to get those OOP modules... But it would have been much more complicated, as I am on Internet only since 2001.
But, as I am an addict, I believe I would have managed to reach my aims (where there is a will, there is a way).
But anyone wanting to get the geat at least CAN get it, sometimes you may be forced to pay higher than you would like but if you can wait sometimes you get a bargin. At least once it has been produced you can get it, in the old days you just had to wait and wait and.....

A pain yes but not impossible. Play with what you can get and work on the rest. VASL allows you to play with what you don't own, you may need scans or details of relevant Ch H but over all it's fairly easy to do, that is if you beleive only one of you needs the product to morally play the scenario (like I do).

Ian

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
But anyone wanting to get the geat at least CAN get it, sometimes you may be forced to pay higher than you would like but if you can wait sometimes you get a bargin. At least once it has been produced you can get it, in the old days you just had to wait and wait and.....
That is what I was trying to say.

spooner

Reaction score
Country
ll

Are you going to Blackpool to Heroes in early March? Ian
Not sure yet, got find sombody to look after me hound. I went for the day last year, prob. do the same this year.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Not sure yet, got find sombody to look after me hound. I went for the day last year, prob. do the same this year.
I'm still hoping to go on the Saturday, I have an evil plan but it's not looking probable but you never know, I'd possibly play a game but mostly just sit and laugh at Mayers get screwed by everyone

Ian

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

I'm still hoping to go on the Saturday, I have an evil plan but it's not looking probable but you never know, I'd possibly play a game but mostly just sit and laugh at Mayers get screwed by everyone

Ian
snicker

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Shut it buthole pirate!!!!
You shut it, anal spelunker! :angry: I was snickering at "mostly just sit and laugh at Mayers get screwed by everyone," twit! :angry: