New members introduce yourself here

ovioprime

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Hi,

My name is Dave. I am just starting out in ASL, and my shiny new rule-book just arrived in the post today.
I am hoping to play some ftf and VASL out here in Japan.

Dave

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

My name is Dave. I am just starting out in ASL, and my shiny new rule-book just arrived in the post today.

Dave
Welcome to Gamesquad Dave, hope you get to wear the shine off the rule book (RB)

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

Dave
Hi Dave

check out Will Flemming he is somewhere near your gaff.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm new to this forum. I go by Mad Russian. I started playing SL in June of 1978 when I got back from Germany. Played heavily until around 1985. Haven't played since that time until this year. I spent some time doing ASL sized scenarios in the Combat Mission game system. I'm currently involved with the Panzer Command Ostfront update from Matrix, which for the development team is finished. Since I have a bit of time I've dabbled a little in ASL again using VASL.

I've opened a thread here so decided I should introduce myself to those who may have no clue who I am.

Good Hunting.

MR

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm new to this forum. I go by Mad Russian. I started playing SL in June of 1978 when I got back from Germany. Played heavily until around 1985. Haven't played since that time until this year. I spent some time doing ASL sized scenarios in the Combat Mission game system. I'm currently involved with the Panzer Command Ostfront update from Matrix, which for the development team is finished. Since I have a bit of time I've dabbled a little in ASL again using VASL.

I've opened a thread here so decided I should introduce myself to those who may have no clue who I am.

Good Hunting.

MR
I would say the most expensive thing in the world is sex.

prepfire

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hi,

I thought it would be nice to follow forum etiquettes and introduce myself.

I've been playing ASL for 15+ years, on and off. I wished I had the time to play more often, and consider myself far from being an expert. But ASL is giving me good times and for me that's enough.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

I thought it would be nice to follow forum etiquettes and introduce myself.

I've been playing ASL for 15+ years, on and off. I wished I had the time to play more often, and consider myself far from being an expert. But ASL is giving me good times and for me that's enough.
Hi there Prep.

You hit the nail on the head if you are looking for ASL happyness.

Play and have fun, that's what it's all about

Ian

FDarlington

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Good afternoon all.

I've joined recently the forum and been lurking some days reading many old and current posts before introducing myself.

I played SL back in the early eighties and started playing ASL, but very little, beginning the nineties. There was a very long lull, though I kept spending money on ASL core modules and many, many other modules I could lay my hands on (many CH as these were sold at my local shop), so I became a ASL collector rather than a gamer.

Now I want to play ASL again, so I bought the 2nd edition rules and I'm still learning them but I've already played a couple of simple games with a friend in a similar situation. I'm effectively an inexperienced green but I hope to catch anytime soon.

And I live in Madrid, Spain. Glad to meet you, gents.

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
FDarlington,

Welcome! Your background sounds similar to my own. I encourage you to check out VASL - it's made a huge difference for me.

All the best,

Eoin

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good afternoon all.

I've joined recently the forum and been lurking some days reading many old and current posts before introducing myself.

I played SL back in the early eighties and started playing ASL, but very little, beginning the nineties. There was a very long lull, though I kept spending money on ASL core modules and many, many other modules I could lay my hands on (many CH as these were sold at my local shop), so I became a ASL collector rather than a gamer.

Now I want to play ASL again, so I bought the 2nd edition rules and I'm still learning them but I've already played a couple of simple games with a friend in a similar situation. I'm effectively an inexperienced green but I hope to catch anytime soon.

And I live in Madrid, Spain. Glad to meet you, gents.
I echo Eion, VASL is a great tool. Good to see you have a local opponent but I would recomend playing others as soon as you can as this adds somuch to your knowledge and makes yourealise how truley special the guys who play this game are.

Ian

PaKman

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi all,

I'm a French player exiled up north and have been playing ASL regularly since 2006 with the locals. I used to post here irregularly under a different ID in the past and decided to take a fresh start.

See you soon in the Rules & Erratas subsection, will need (and try to bring) some help :)

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

I'm a French player exiled up north and have been playing ASL regularly since 2006 with the locals. I used to post here irregularly under a different ID in the past and decided to take a fresh start.

See you soon in the Rules & Erratas subsection, will need (and try to bring) some help :)
Did you not sing the national anthem?

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi all,

Welcome! Are you getting any ftf play in Norway?

TheCuckoo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello all,

I had every intention of learning to play this game but somehow always manage to never quite get around to it. Who knows, maybe this time I'll fare better? So I have quite a bit of kit but not much clue what to do with it. I've also just bought a second edition rule book, so that should arrive this week. I hope it helps. Oh yeah - also tried installing VASL on my MAC but couldnt get it to work. Is that a common problem?

Anyway. Hi. Hopefully this time around I'll actually manage to complete a game. :)

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi, I was in a very similar position a couple of years ago - I aspired to learn, but didn't quite know how to go about doing so.

Here's my advice - get VASL working and throw yourself into the thick of things. The guys who frequent the specific VASL sub forum should be able to help you out with the MAC issue. Then, start playing - the Opponents Wanted sub forum here may also be of use to you.

And welcome!

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom