New members introduce yourself here

sniperbait1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all, I have just signed up after finding this site by accident. It appears as though there is a lot of information to be gained here. I had played through the ASLSKs a few years ago with a friend until he passed on and left me his collection. Having just recently dusted off the game, the bug has bitten me and I've decided it is time to attempt to learn this game. I realize that I have a lot to learn before I can give anybody even a remotely competent game so if anybody wants to pad their W-L record, then here I am. I am looking forward to the education... I think.

Kevin

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Hi Kevin, Welcome to ASL and to the forum. It is all a lot to take in.... so you may need some time to get used to the game and the forum too! :D Where are you based? There are ASLers all over the world, in dribs and drabs. Look forward to seeing you around. :thumup:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Kevin

Honza has a good point. Just putting where you live in the world (City or District) can help you get a game as this site has players all round the world.

Also if you have VASL then it will help you play so many of those players around the world, time difference allowing.

Best place to advertise for a game is on the opponents wanted section and you will be picked up in days if not hours!!

Don't worry about skill levels, you pick up ideas from playing others and the more you play the easier it all gets.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Ian

sniperbait1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Honza & Ian

Thank you for the welcome. I will be downloading VASL as PBEM will be my primary means of playing. I will be changing my location to Canada as I travel across the country for work and I am never in the same place for very long.

Kevin

Last edited:

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello Honza & Ian

Thank you for the welcome. I will be downloading VASL as PBEM will be my primary means of playing. I will be changing my location to Canada as I travel across the country for work and I am never in the same place for very long.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I also travel all over my country and have picked up a bunch of great opponents and friends through the site. Makes being away from home much more bearable.

I play lots of VASL PBM often from my hotel rooms!!!

Enjoy the fun

Ian

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hello Honza & Ian

Kevin
Welcome. If you find your location being in Toronto for few days, let me know and we can connect for a game.

s

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Honza & Ian

Kevin
Welcome Kevin.

There are a fairly decent number of active ASLers in the Ottawa-Montreal corridor. I recommend that you post in the opponents wanted sub-forum a few weeks before you travel to a new area.

Btw, if you would like a couple articles at the Starter Kit level, just drop me a line at battleschool@rogers.com. The articles are illustrated and contain helpful colour play aids.

Cheers,

Chris

Panzer Dude

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Everyone,
I'm doing this bass ackwards as I have made a few posts before introducting myself. I'm Eric and I have played ASL for ten years (kind of sounds like what you would say at an ASL Anonymous meeting!) Russell, are you HIP? You must be around somewhere in this forum. Chris, I'll be seeing you in a few weeks at Beau's Brewery along with Russell. I love Lugtread Ale so I will be going 0-2 for sure! Russell is driving so we should make it to your place and the Ottawa War Museum in one piece. Spencer, we met at Russell's last weekend. Your are an ASL machine! You have played more scenarios in two weeks than I have played all year! As for the rest of you ASL fellers, I look forward to chatting back and forth with you all and learning a thing or two. Hopefully, I can add something interesting or entertaining to the mix.

Cheers!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Everyone,
I'm doing this bass ackwards as I have made a few posts before introducting myself. I'm Eric and I have played ASL for ten years (kind of sounds like what you would say at an ASL Anonymous meeting!) Russell, are you HIP? You must be around somewhere in this forum. Chris, I'll be seeing you in a few weeks at Beau's Brewery along with Russell. I love Lugtread Ale so I will be going 0-2 for sure! Russell is driving so we should make it to your place and the Ottawa War Museum in one piece. Spencer, we met at Russell's last weekend. Your are an ASL machine! You have played more scenarios in two weeks than I have played all year! As for the rest of you ASL fellers, I look forward to chatting back and forth with you all and learning a thing or two. Hopefully, I can add something interesting or entertaining to the mix.

Cheers!
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forums.

We met in Montreal a few years ago at CASLO. Please ignore my "pitch" in your "most memorable tournament experience" thread. :D I didn't realize it was you posting.

See you on the 19th!

Chris

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Everyone,

Cheers!
Good to see you here, Eric. You're the first person here I've met in real life before meeing on the forums.
-Andy

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and this is the first post. I've been hanging around reading for a looong time. I started with SL getting my first copy in 1978 and got into ASL when the rulebook was released. I don't get much time to play and when I do its usually solo. I have every core and HASL except ABTF (still trying). I also have quite a bit of TPP. You all make it interesting reading and I still learn new things after all these years! Thanks!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone. My name is Joe and this is the first post. I've been hanging around reading for a looong time. I started with SL getting my first copy in 1978 and got into ASL when the rulebook was released. I don't get much time to play and when I do its usually solo. I have every core and HASL except ABTF (still trying). I also have quite a bit of TPP. You all make it interesting reading and I still learn new things after all these years! Thanks!
Welcome to the forum, Joe.

S

micky

That costs HOW much now??
Reaction score
welcome to the site Joe!!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
[video=youtube;_MFE6qQfdlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MFE6qQfdlE[/video]

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Psycho! Sad to say I was probably a few years old when this was recorded. :)

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Joe

welcome to the forrum. We are all still learning so not probs there. If you fancy FTF or the next best thing VASL just pop onto the Opponents wanted and you would have a high chance of getting a game. Don't worry about skill gaps etc. as you will lean a lot and quickly.

Enjoy the game

Ian