New members introduce yourself here

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well we need to know.

Who is doing the grinning?
James won the first game witha great combo of OBA and firelanes. I had a large chunk of my Italian's trapped in such a way as the OBA blocked my move to the right and any move to the left of this ran through one or two firelanes. I should have powered through his squad in a pill box (especially as I ambushed it) but it won three CC battles. Really was fun but a few bounces went James way but all told it was his play that got him the win.

We then went on to play the first scenario fron Out of the Attic 2 which I sqeaked a win in a tough ever changing battle that was great fun.

All in all a very good day to play ASL and so I guess we both won.

roblinx

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's about time I posted here!

I'm Rob Linxweiler, long-time Chicago resident and eternal gaming noob. I played my first Squad Leader in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. I bought ASL when it came out, but couldn't find anyone to play with. I was mesmerized by the detail of the rules, and would entertain myself with setting up scenarios and trying to figure out the game. In the mid-90s I met Fritz Eifrig, and we discovered a mutual love of music and gaming. We started playing Squad Leader (the original), but decided it was time to Make The Leap. We started with scenario 1 and worked our way through. I've been away from the game for a few years due to some life/career changes, but have recently re-immersed myself. I'll be at Winter War next month, and hope to be at the Chicago Open in April. I have been trying to make some new FtF contacts, and have also been working the VASL angle with Rob Arrieta in New York.

I love the detail of ASL. The detail and care and love that have been poured into the game over the decades results in my being able to experience endless and surprising tactical situations and outcomes. I'm grateful that this community exists, and I look forward to meeting some of you in person in the coming years!

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score

I'm Rob Linxweiler, long-time Chicago resident and eternal gaming noob. I played my first Squad Leader in 1977 and have been hooked ever since. I bought ASL when it came out, but couldn't find anyone to play with. I was mesmerized by the detail of the rules, and would entertain myself with setting up scenarios and trying to figure out the game. In the mid-90s I met Fritz Eifrig, and we discovered a mutual love of music and gaming. We started playing Squad Leader (the original), but decided it was time to Make The Leap. We started with scenario 1 and worked our way through. I've been away from the game for a few years due to some life/career changes, but have recently re-immersed myself. I'll be at Winter War next month, and hope to be at the Chicago Open in April. I have been trying to make some new FtF contacts, and have also been working the VASL angle with Rob Arrieta in New York.

I love the detail of ASL. The detail and care and love that have been poured into the game over the decades results in my being able to experience endless and surprising tactical situations and outcomes. I'm grateful that this community exists, and I look forward to meeting some of you in person in the coming years!
Welcome, Rob!

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Welcome, Rob.

I'm going to go pound my head against the wall again for not being more active in ASL when I was back home in Chicago. Don't make that mistake!

S

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Rob,

There are about 50-70 people playing ASL in the Chicagoland area. Perhaps I'll catch up with you if I can make it the April Open. Depending on your location perhaps we can get you some face 2 face fellows.

Merry Christmas to all

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hi all!

New to the forums here! My name is Vlad from Manila, Philippines. Looking forward to meet more ASL players from around the world since there are only very few players here in Manila. I've been playing ASL for 1.5 years occasionaly on saturday weekends. Hope to chat, improve my skills and experience through the VASL tournament games and meet new online friends.

Cheers and Season's Greatings everybody!