New members introduce yourself here

Actionjick

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

Just joined the forum. Stumbled across this place while Googling some rule clarifications for ASLSK, so thought I had better join in order to ask some of my own questions. First played SL back in the 1980s, then played a little of ASL, before taking a break and now, with the pandemic, I've had some free time to get back into gaming with the ASLSK. I'm UK based and in addition to ASLSK, I also play RPGs and X-Wing.
Welcome back. I'm sure someone here can answer your questions. Good luck and roll low!

pablogons

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hi. I'm a long time wargames fan. I particularly enjoy playing ASL, but I also hit the table with other contemporary warfare hex & counter boardgames (OCS series and the like). I also play RPGs, but I’ll leave that for another day…

Robin Reeve

φιλέω ASL אני אוהב
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome !
I hope that you will find all the resources you are looking for.
The Rules & errata folder is specially useful : if you search it, most rules questions have been adressed.
Don't hesitate to ask your own questions.

pablogons

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Thanks, Robin. You're so kind to me. I'll try to make advantage of the immense knowledge that builds up in this website.
Thanks again for the welcome.

Robin Reeve

φιλέω ASL אני אוהב
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
What is your experience of ASL?
There are quite a number of Spanish players.
And with VASL, you can find many players ready to introduce you to the system.

lluis61

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Hi. I'm a long time wargames fan. I particularly enjoy playing ASL, but I also hit the table with other contemporary warfare hex & counter boardgames (OCS series and the like). I also play RPGs, but I’ll leave that for another day…
Welcome! Don't hesitate to ask doubts or tell your ASL experiences. Here there are kind people ready to help

pablogons

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I'm a long time (but not too gifted) ASL player. In the past, I used to play with a close friend but since a couple of years I’ve embraced the 'solo' mode. I've never been part of a community nor tried VASL until last April (works pretty well!). I do have heard about an active and committed ASL community in Spain, but have had no contact with them so far.

Lluis and Robin, thank you so much for your messages.

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
I'm a long time (but not too gifted) ASL player. In the past, I used to play with a close friend but since a couple of years I’ve embraced the 'solo' mode. I've never been part of a community nor tried VASL until last April (works pretty well!). I do have heard about an active and committed ASL community in Spain, but have had no contact with them so far.

Lluis and Robin, thank you so much for your messages.
There are some Spanish guys in the forum. I myself live in Málaga and I could get you in contact with the telegram group of ASL players.