New maps from the Starter Kits

Phillip

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Should I expect that eventually MMP will sell the individual maps from SK4 (M,N,O) and the new expansion (K,L)? I want the maps (for future ASL scenarios that may use them and for SASL right now) but don't need the counters or scenarios.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I'm interested to know this, too. I finally hit the wall with SK4 of what I was willing to pay just to get the maps. That thing was crazy expensive from that POV.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If you can wait, MMP will sell the new SK maps separately - at least that is what they have done up to now (even including one in a journal), IIRC.

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Wait... I already have boards k and l (Deluxe). So there will be two sets of boards with the same designation, and it will only get worse as they work their way back through the alphabet with future SK boards. I foresee much conflict and confusion - this business will get out of control, people!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Wait... I already have boards k and l (Deluxe). So there will be two sets of boards with the same designation, and it will only get worse as they work their way back through the alphabet with future SK boards. I foresee much conflict and confusion - this business will get out of control, people!
Well, but as SK are only 'Starter Kits' probably, there will never be a whole 'alphabet' of SK boards. [cough, cough]

von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well, but as SK are only 'Starter Kits' probably, there will never be a whole 'alphabet' of SK boards. [cough, cough]

von Marwitz
only ten more to be done , desert SK would probably add three or four.......

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hey, it could happen...
View attachment 14428
Think big! Think flying cows!

There is that story about some Russian soldiers pushing a smuggled cow off the ramp of a transport aircraft when it became agitated during the flight. The hapless cow crashed onto a Japanese fishing boat, sinking it. The crew was rescued by Russians but the Russian officials who held the fishermen in custody refused to believe their story.

Alas, this is an urban legend - but it is a darn good one.

von Marwitz

jyoung

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Affectionately called the "The Pig" by its air crews because of it bulky appearance, fuel guzzling engines and exceptional ordnance load capabilities. Yes it could certainly fly.
View attachment 14434
Well, I certainly managed to hijack this thread, didn't I? :D Australian aircrews called the F-111 the "pig". Interestingly Australia operated the F-4 Phantom II for 4 years while waiting for the F-111 to be delivered, but gave them back to the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II_in_Australian_service#Return_to_the_USAF

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Aardvark" (which is Afrikaans for "Earthpig") too hard for the Aussies to pronounce?

(edited to correct to to too). D'oh!

Last edited:

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I ponied up for the Japanese Starter Kit and the new Chinese one just for the maps, was pricey and I probably should have waited but at least I've got them now

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Th
Just going to have keep buying MMP products as they come out. It's taken three years for the Supplementary Map Bundle to hit P#.
I don't know if they will try for a third map bundle at this rate.
The problem is that if you have bought all the Action packs and starter kits plus WO packs you already have the full map sets the map bundle is just a spare set then

Phillip

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just going to have keep buying MMP products as they come out. It's taken three years for the Supplementary Map Bundle to hit P#.
I don't know if they will try for a third map bundle at this rate.
I'm not counting on a 3rd map bundle - my hope is that they'll sell the individual maps on the 'Parts' section of their website. My concern is that the highest number map on there is 52 (okay, there's also 59 and 68, but 52 is the last one in an ordered series), so this seems like something that may be on it's way out.

Hopefully not - I'd love to hear otherwise!

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Th
The problem is that if you have bought all the Action packs and starter kits plus WO packs you already have the full map sets the map bundle is just a spare set then
That is the hard part. It took me a better part of 3 years to get all of the AP and WO packs to have a complete board set. (not worried aboot SK) It can be done but takes some time and $.

What is your quest?
To seek all the maps
What product did 4a/b come in?
I don't know......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe in having a back-up set of mapboards {within reason, no HASL or DASL. That would be prohibitive in costs}.
Got the first set [almost there, just need 77]. The supplementary set will get me closer to the back-up set's completion.
But I do agree that it would be nice to get boards on an individual basis.