New MapPack for Jutland

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got an email that a new MapPack that includes Falklands battles and a few new ships is now available for $20. Looking at it, other than the map, I don't see much of a point.

I am playing Steam and Iron non-stop right now and really don't see the point of Jutland and DG except as references for setting up new ships and scenarios in S&I.

By the way, the release has sparked a deluge (3 actually) new messages on the SES forums. Mostly negative, but even there biggest fanboi/mod doesn't have good things to say.

Hinchinbrooke

Reaction score
Country
ll
Here's the thing. I bought both the Russo-Japanese War sim and the Jutland sim. But why do I have to negotiate this 'Storm Powered' nonsense for updates?

1905 will no longer work for me as the hard drive it was on died, and I really can't be bothered to pick my way through the minefield that is 'Storm Powered'.

So, I have two games, one no longer working, and one dead in the water, as I really don't want to have to spend my time with some obscure 'Steam Lite' and its 'customer service'.

I've got better things to do.

A couple of CD's/DVD's with access codes would have been a lot easier.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I noticed that SES is out in force today trying to tamp down the revolt on their own forums. Maybe they will finally fix all the issues.