New John Tiller Napoleonic Wargame Out - Bonaparte's Peninsular War

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
... and here is what my mate Masséna has come up with: a customised OOB file edit, along with a scenario to go with it all. I will be doing a brief write up on SDC's blog/FB areas to introduce this to my own site -but seeing as he was gracious enough to submit this - I figured that this was the proper place and time to post this (in other words - GS first -since it first came up here.).

http://hist-sdc.com/scenarios/nb/bpw/sdc_bpw_scenario_convent_bussaco.php

ST for SDC (over and out)

Masséna

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Yes, and I'd like to thank my mate trauth116 who has been so kind : he followed me during my work and gave me precious advices, but in particular he's given me the opportunity to put my work on his site, hosting my files. Of course, if I'm allowed, I'll post them here too.
I'd like to underline that with my work I didn't want to be critic in any way regarding the original game. I've only tried to:
-make OOBs relative to the situation of the French , Anglo-Portuguese and Spanish Armies in September 1810, after the fall of Almeida and before Bussaco. Actually, the French and the Spanish ones reflect the historical organisation and strength in September; the Anglo-Portuguese in September with something , but few, relative to October/November too (some regiments have changed their assignation, some artillery arrived in Portugal later etc...). Note that the Spanish one is historical, but the Spanish of La Romana were really not involved in significant battles against Masséna in this period. It's a sort of "study"... Last thing about French: the organisation of ther artillery has changed , I based my work on the work of Fririon. Please read the introductory file , which explain my choices and which indicates the sources I've consulted
-make my first attempt of a scenario. I apologise if there are many errors: I repeat, it's my first attempt. All criticism is the welcome, I have to learn... Use the new OOB and the sub-map I've created (from Bussaco). The pdt file isn't necessary, I've the Bussaco one already present in the game.

If the community will appreciate, I could go further (with calm, the time is the problem).

Finally, I'd like to thank all the team and in particular Andrew Bamford who gave me precious advices and for his precious work: without it my work would have been of cours impossible.

Best regards

Masséna