New ideas for renaming Hakkaa Päälle ?

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
With the release of the planned 13th and final core module Hakkaa Päälle starting to appear on the radar screen I was thinking that there has to be a better name other than Hakkaa Päälle .

Maybe this is a good place to ban together and convince/persuade MMP to choose another more inspiring name. I would think that there is so much potential to give this last module a cool name other than Hakkaa Päälle (cut them down).

I confess that I do not know enough about Finland during WWII (even after googling it) to come up with a better name, yet.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
With the release of the planned 13th and final core module Hakkaa Päälle starting to appear on the radar screen I was thinking that there has to be a better name other than Hakkaa Päälle .

Maybe this is a good place to ban together and convince/persuade MMP to choose another more inspiring name. I would think that there is so much potential to give this last module a cool name other than Hakkaa Päälle (cut them down).

I confess that I do not know enough about Finland during WWII (even after googling it) to come up with a better name, yet.
exactly why Hakkaa Päälle is not good?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is not good because 1) it is unpronounceable, 2) it looks ugly, 3) no one outside Finland has any clue what it means.

Even something generic like "Warriors of the North" would be better.

WaterRabbit

Reaction score
Country
llGreenland
It is not good because 1) it is unpronounceable, 2) it looks ugly, 3) no one outside Finland has any clue what it means.

I sorry to say that is even more lame. Hakkaa Päälle is pronounced exactly how it is spelled. :) Croix de Guerre is not intuitively obvious for English speakers either, but it works for a French module (and it is not pronounced exactly how it is spelled). I personally think that double vowels (especially double “a”) are cool and look really swell.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

Warriors of the North sucks; it sucked even worse when they titled my article in ASL Annual by that name.

Perhaps some of the Americans on the board need to be a bit more cosmopolitan in their outlook.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Does Päälle = Polly?

I sorry to say that is even more lame. Hakkaa Päälle is pronounced exactly how it is spelled. :) Croix de Guerre is not intuitively obvious for English speakers either, but it works for a French module (and it is not pronounced exactly how it is spelled). I personally think that double vowels (especially double “a”) are cool and look really swell.
With the double umlaut a I'm not sure how that us pronounced.

Polly
Pay-lay
Pal-le

caa

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Better question is: will we see Hakke Paallee (or whatever) in our lifetimes?

I have been out of the loop re:ASL for several months. Is VOTGs shipping, 'cause I didn't get mine yet....

Cheers!

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Better question is: will we see Hakke Paallee (or whatever) in our lifetimes?

I have been out of the loop re:ASL for several months. Is VOTGs shipping, 'cause I didn't get mine yet....

Cheers!
That is the big question and it might be years before we see it but now is a good time to start changing the name.:cool:

I feel a poll coming on...

Last edited:

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We could as Richard Berg to name it for us.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good grief? How do you uniglots ever manage to play Schloss Bubingen (mit umlauts) or use the Nahverteidigungswaffe?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But it is only pronounced exactly how it is spelled in Finland. Finnish is not an international language. English is. French is, too, which is why people around the world can pronounce Croix de Guerre.