New Idea

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've noticed from time to time that it's difficult to keep track of threads in this forum... who is still looking for an opponent, and which requests have been filled.

I'd like to test a new idea here to help fix some of those problems. For the next little while, I'll "sticky" all new requests for an opponent so they remain at the top of this sub-forum. Once someone responds to a request, I'll "unsticky" the thread and it can drop back down the list again. After a month or so, if nobody has responded I'll "unsticky" the request as well... since it probably means nobody is interested in whatever that person suggested playing/time zones/format of play, etc...

I'll do my best to keep this as up-to-date as possible, or deal with sticky/unsticky changes as soon as I can. To get the ball rolling, I've stickied the four most recent "opponent wanted" requests and we'll see how that goes for starters.

Last edited:

Carl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good idea if you can keep up with the work load! Also, it would be good if people helped you out by letting you know when they do have an opponent.

Carl

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Carl said:
Also, it would be good if people helped you out by letting you know when they do have an opponent.
Yes, that would be useful. If I see a reply to any of the "stickied" threads from someone accepting a game offer then I know to unsticky it, but sometimes someone might reply directly to the player and not post in the forum.

To everyone... if you're going to write the player directly (which is quite fine), can you please just drop a quick reply into that thread to the effect of "I've sent you an email" so I'll know a matchup has been found.