trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
http://www.wargamer.com/articles/hps_elalamein_wov_announcement/

As reported on Wargamer.com -- the next title in the series will be:

El Alamein '42

Also judging from the screen shots - they must have a hypothetical (presumeably) airdrop on Malta scenario.

Edited: -also newly posted to the HPS site (as of May 10th), updated versions of:

Normandy '44 version 1.08

Tobruk '41 version 1.04

----------------

Edited: - checked out the screen shots --- impressive E- W map size - from Gazala to Alexandria North South is relatively narrow - although for this campaign it wouldn't have to be all that wide (Although it does mean that erstwhile scenario designers won't be able to do a mega campaign including Tobruk '42 through El Alamein ,,, unless there are more maps.

-What this means to a guy like me - is that this is one of the larger map areas used - it is interesting to see how much that JT is willing to take on ... apparently it can go bigger than it has in the past.

Edit/Edit -- well looking at it -again -- maybe a July - October monster scenario -is- possible.

Alan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HPS' Panzer Campaign series are excellent games. El alamein will be #11 (I think?) in the series. Since the series has been out for a while, it's a very stable system. :thumb:

Also, HPS provides excellent support. The best thing about Panzer Campaign, however, is the great PBEM community is has. If your interested in PBEM play go to www.theblitz.org It's a great stire that not only covers HPS's games, but games from other compnaies as well.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
:scream: Ouch -- thank you sir may I have another ... ~smack~ .... Thank ...

OK -well see this is what happens when I go to the home page here - then to the message boards...

-in all honesty, I think I was in Google looking for articles on the Squad Battles games and it was the first hit.

Alan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From now on, I will check here first for new game releases. :halo:

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I wouldn't have said that a few months ago. It's still a work-in-progress, to be sure, and right now, a one-man show. But rest assured, I am getting more news incoming, and working on getting an excellent Games & Rec section running full steam for you all!

:horse:

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Heh - I have no doubt of that ...

At any rate, am planning on doing an AAR or 2 on Normandy '44 (one on my experiences with the monster 750 turn campaign scenario) - and possibly 1 or 2 on my side of a couple of scenarios that I am playing on email...

- What I think is the best part about the screenie is the jump map shot -- not because it is pretty or anything that superficial (I will leave that to the crowd playing the latest shooters) .... but looking at the area encompase; -well I was hoping that maybe - a portion of the battle for France (like maybe up to the Dunkirk evacs) might be done - but always assumed it was way too big of an area - with that new map - I am not so sure that it actually is too big...

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don:

I'll be very honest with you - we don't know ourselves what the next title will be. There is a number of games\titles that could go next - some are closer to completion than others.

Currently John Tiller is busy with some other issues as well as making some games that will be out before PzC\MC. But once we decide it is time to master one of our projects, we'll look at all that we have an decide which one goes next.

Right now there about four titles that are very close to pick from, and no reason why the next game couldn't be either of them, or neither of them.

Glenn

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
trauth116 said:
:scream: Ouch -- thank you sir may I have another ... ~smack~ .... Thank ...

OK -well see this is what happens when I go to the home page here - then to the message boards...

-in all honesty, I think I was in Google looking for articles on the Squad Battles games and it was the first hit.
Goto the Team Echo site and download the articles there on how to play Squad Battles. These pluss the AAR on that site gave me a taster so I bought AoTR.

Once I downloaded all the extra scenarios and mods I fell for this game. Ive just finished my first PBEM game and it will be one of many.

If you want a squad level game with intense street to street fighting in Stalingrad go buy Advance of the Reich. Once you get to know the game it begins to really grow on you. Simple to play difficult to master.

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It was an old thread posted at ACG in May it probably didn't need to be transferred over and probably could have been deleted during the merger.

I got Advance of the Reich - but have not had any time to play games this Summer; so I have never given it much time.