Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
"Neither Washed Nor Shaved"

The new battlepack from HOB. The dirty, grizzled soldiers of the Waffen SS fight it out in the mud and dirt of Mother Russia without so much as a razor!

Enjoy.

P.S. Just kidding. Remember; don't take life too seriously.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An untimely April Fool's Day joke, but that would be a good scenario title....

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Two of the original HOB SS packs had He-Man names like "No Quarter, No Glory" and "Neither Fear Nor Hope"....so in a moment of silliness I dreamt up a alternative he-man name for the fourth pack; "Neither Washed Nor Shaved". lol.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like your enthusiasm and a peek back to a much simpler game. So many rules, not enough time....

LHMG

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are planning to reprint those first two packs with the black counters.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Does anyone know if they are planning to reprint those first two packs with the black counters.
I would say no. HOB has done a reprint without the counters and that is where I think it will be left.
Dave

LHMG

Reaction score
Too bad nothing says Waffen SS like black. That's pretty ubiquitous in most games.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
Black SS counters are kind of a political hot potato for some people here.
Dave

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Some feel it is a glorification of the SS and who they were....<shrug>...whatever.

Two reasons HOB probably won't reprint the black ss:
- MMP published rules around the markings for black SS vehicles in ABtF. Printing counters that complied with those rules just might lead to IP difficulty. Printing counters that didn't would not sell very well, at least an argument could be made to that effect.
- HOB itself is ofading out.....they had a good run, but I think enough of the folks tired of the exertions associated with a labor of love. Bounding Fire is the HOB folks that want to continue....and I doubt black SS is a can of worms they want to open.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
HOB itself is ofading out.....they had a good run, but I think enough of the folks tired of the exertions associated with a labor of love. Bounding Fire is the HOB folks that want to continue....and I doubt black SS is a can of worms they want to open.
BFP have done their own SS in both Black and Blue. So clearly they have bitten the Black bullet but giving the player the choice of which to use.

LHMG

Reaction score
So the regular ASL counters with SS runes on the counter aren't glorifying the SS but the background color black is?? And this is according to who?? I wont even mention counters that I have seen with the SS Deaths-head on them. Not to mention all the games I have seen that use black counters.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
The HOB black SS counters had Deaths-head on them. So double bad to some! :mad:
Dave

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So the regular ASL counters with SS runes on the counter aren't glorifying the SS but the background color black is?? And this is according to who?? I wont even mention counters that I have seen with the SS Deaths-head on them. Not to mention all the games I have seen that use black counters.
Yeah, its funny that way ain't it? The Mila 18 thread of yore is a thing of legend.....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Proposal:
Why don't you read through some of the gazillion old threads on the matter that went through this time and again. And again. And again. And yet again. Once more yet again. I was kidding - countless times more yet again... :confused:

Since a couple of years by now, HoB has effectively closed down.
I am pretty sure they won't publish anything of any kind - except *maybe* that one historical module set in Burma IIRC (I just can't remember the name at the moment). But even the latest rumors on that have caught dust.

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Proposal:

Since a couple of years by now, HoB has effectively closed down.
I am pretty sure they won't publish anything of any kind - except *maybe* that one historical module set in Burma IIRC (I just can't remember the name at the moment). But even the latest rumors on that have caught dust.

von Marwitz
Kohima is the final HOB HASL that is in process and has been for quite a while now.

There is a very lively discussion history around the SS, black, blue or lilac. Not even sure if the start of the Mila 18 is still available on the forums.