New Gettysburg Campaign Scenario: Opponent/Tester Needed

pz501

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've finished design work (except) for the Scenario Description, on a new Gettysburg Campaign Scenario, that makes use of the following components:

The "What-if" OOB provided in the game for June 30, 1863, that gives the Confederates a IV Corps under D.H. Hill, and the Union the VIII and XXII Corps.

Deployments and reinforcements for both sides are close to historical at start, with the exception of the "what-if" units....basically the at start situation is very close to the one facing both armies at dawn of July 1, 1863.

Uses the large "Gettysburg" map that stretches from Cashtown, Pa to Union Mills, Md with more and deeper objective hexes.

Covers the time period, 4AM July 1, 1863 - 8pm July 4, 1863.

Uses a "new" pdt file that slightly expands both sides command ranges, changes day and night turns to 10min each, and makes most weapons more deadly at close ranges. Because of the shift in time scale, unit movement rates have been increased also.

Due to the 10min turns, the entire scenario runs for a whopping 528 Turns, so it will require a major investment of time to complete.

I'm looking for one dedicated opponent, who would like to play/test this monster with me (sides are negotiable), at a relaxed pace of maybe 6 or so turns a week (more if we can manage it). At any rate, we should just have fun, and hopefully fine tune and improve if needed, on the basic scenario idea.

I'll be able to start playing this Thursday (June 21) evening, and will email you a zip file containing the new pdt, and scenario.

If you're interested, contact me at: spzabt501@verizon.net

Many thanks for reading this,

Tom Porto

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Uses a "new" pdt file that slightly expands both sides command ranges, changes day and night turns to 10min each, and makes most weapons more deadly at close ranges. Because of the shift in time scale, unit movement rates have been increased also.
Tom,

If you shortened the time a day turn represents then you need to decrease the movement rates, not increase them...a standard day turn is 20 minutes in the series, so you don't want an infantry column moving twice the distance in half the time! :cool:

pz501

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom,

If you shortened the time a day turn represents then you need to decrease the movement rates, not increase them...a standard day turn is 20 minutes in the series, so you don't want an infantry column moving twice the distance in half the time! :cool:
Your absolutely right! Ajustments to the pdt made!