New game needs you!

DamianDivine

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Hello all!
My name is Anti A. Danilevski and I'm making video games. Glad to meet you all!

We're making a 3D space adventure/ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, with real-time combat. It's a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers. It has a simple click-n-go controls, comparable to Dark Orbit and excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.

When I'm saying 'good graphics', I actually means this:

The action of the game takes place in a universe resembling our real world as much as possible: stars are located just where they actually are. We had to spend several months developing actual astronomical data and building a universe based on them. After playing it, you will know once and for all where the sun is located in our corner of the universe, which stars are closest to us, what their spectral classes are, planets... and much more.

Our full 3D starmap:

Beside that, we have a deep scenario and world design (it's almost USP nowadays). We built our scenario based on current research. It's somewhat a prediction of the possible future - we are developing an educative game.

And there are few screenshots from the game:

While developing, we are using Unity3D. It allows us to create a crossplatform game. First version is for iPads, next - Android, next – bigger version for PC, Mac and Linux. In plans, after single-player versions - crossplatform MMO. Why iPads first? Because this version is smallest and will allow us to make version for PC and other platforms most optimized. It will be easier to extend PC version than to cut it down for iPads. Thanks to Unity3D, it's not a big work and won't take too much time.

There is an early gameplay video (keep in mind, recorded from iPad - so picture isn't brilliant, but it shows you how smooth it works). Also, on iPad, many visual effects can't be used (post effects like glow) - all this will be in PC version.

[video=youtube;T85xDvc64Uo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85xDvc64Uo&feature=g-upl[/video]

Why I'm here, just registered and already posting this? There are two reasons:

First, I'm gathering feedback and opinions. This really helps me to make a better game and realize if something is wrong. Thanks to some people I've already made few corrections. I've just joined, but that doesn't mean I'll throw my post and disappear.

Second, we are now on Kickstarter, and this is where I need your backing, if you want to play a game like this. We need support of a strong community to make this game, otherwise it won't see the light.

To support us, click on the image below. Also, we update picture twice per day so you can see our progress right here.

If you want to share the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dodogames/divine-space-sci-fi-space-arpg

Hope to see you soon with us!

Best wishes,
- Anti

Last edited:

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! This looks really cool. I'm definitely putting it on my gaming short list. Thanks Damian and Scott for bringing this to my attention. I'm assuming the PC version is fully playable, yes? I hope this game is a big improvement on that dreadfully dull and overrated Endless Space.

BTW, call me old-fashioned, but I can't see why anyone would want to play a game on an IPad? I mean, when I'm doing something like a plane trip or waiting at the doctor's office, I'd rather chat with people or read a book than play a game. For my part I much prefer playing games in the comfort and seclusion of my study on my big screen monitor and surround sound system where I can devote full attention to the game and get the best possible gaming experience.

BTW, who is the cool looking warrior queen? ;)

Last edited:

DamianDivine

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Wow! This looks really cool. I'm definitely putting it on my gaming short list. Thanks Damian and Scott for bringing this to my attention. I'm assuming the PC version is fully playable, yes? I hope this game is a big improvement on that dreadfully dull and overrated Endless Space.

BTW, call me old-fashioned, but I can't see why anyone would want to play a game on an IPad? I mean, when I'm doing something like a plane trip or waiting at the doctor's office, I'd rather chat with people or read a book than play a game. For my part I much prefer playing games in the comfort and seclusion of my study on my big screen monitor and surround sound system where I can devote full attention to the game.

BTW, who is the cool looking warrior queen? ;)
Thank you for good words!

Many don't read at all, but keep it between us. With Divine Space, maybe they would begin... at least, DS will make them to think. This is one of the most important aspects of our development - to make world better, but in a funny and unnoticeable way.

She is a player avatar, have a tragic story of a smart blond (smart blonds are usually unhappy, and she got unlucky x10 times, but this you will know in a right time).

We test game on PC, so yes, it's playable. For PC, there will be a better art and FX though, because now there are almost zero effects (due to iPad limitations).

Will be happy to see you with our crew, glad you found us!

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damian, so you are in Russia? Cool. FYI, I really liked the Russian Star Wolves games, even the sometimes crash-prone SW2 ;). I also really liked the Eastern European/Slavic feel of UFO: Afterlight. You could tell right away with Star Wolves and Afterlight that these were definitely not American games, and to me that was kind of refreshing. :)

OK, if I understand you correctly, the PC version of Divine Space is in beta? That's cool. Anyway, I bookmarked your link and will give Divine Space a try as soon as I finish up Skyrim Dawnguard (in honor of Halloween ;).

Concerning the blond babe avatar, never underestimate the power of sex appeal in games. :laugh:

Last edited:

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to the site expecting to be able to play a demo or beta or something, but alas, not only is it not ready, but it won't be out for PC until probably late next year. Too bad, as this game looks like it's going to be really good. I an truly bummed. Heck, the world could end by late 2013! ;)