NEW from WBW - Fire in the East !!! Must SEE !!!

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmmmmm

His desert overlays do not match at all the artwork on his map samples for this pack

In fact, it almost looks like they cribbed something from the official ASL artwork

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya and so what? Is it hurting you Fred? Or the hobby?

Scott

Hmmmmmm

His desert overlays do not match at all the artwork on his map samples for this pack

In fact, it almost looks like they cribbed something from the official ASL artwork

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

Before the anti-WBW brigade starts their assualt!
On a theoretical level we could actually have an intellectual argument regards the different componets
I am not a military theorist and probably cant comment much on the infantry he has portrayed but..

I am facinated by the Tanks - Mr Indestructable!! M1 Abrams is now a world -wide tank - we in Aus just got our set! to play with and people like Eqypt have 1000 ready to stop Israel! :upset:
But the Challenger (<400 ever built) supposedly was the better tank at the time :smoke:
That has always be based on pro US propagander (that does not seem all the "pro") that only 1 or 2 M1's went down (at the cost of more petrol than the whole of Australia consumes in a day :nuts:) for the many 1000's (I think thats right) of the T72's the were shreded while no Brit Tanks even lost a track :D

120LL (M1) and teh 125LL (T72) are both noth in the TK table that I can see
The 32 frontal armour is what? - I mean the top TK number in our wonderful table is 33 so 125LL might be a little more we hope - or maybee not - Maybee this is a battle of Tigers versus T28's :)

And the M1 goes fast (must have a refuel roll regularly I think to be accurate or have a truck full of petrol follow it :bite:

OK OK so maybee I am a bit tired to want to have a proper debate here when the material is likely playtested poorly but I am still curious:lier:

Rob :clown:

Last edited:

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I do like his counter art I must admit.

Maybe the 120 and 125LL have their own TK tables, replete with special ammo?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
In the real world on the M1A1 we had 2 ammo types back when I was in, HEAT and SABOT, however I was reading in the Army times that they have brought back a form that was like in the M60s the old beehive rounds (a 120mm round full of ball bearings about a quarter in size each).

Anyway my unit fought the RG which had both T-72 and T-62 (I heard back then that the T-64 was supposedly better), anyway the T-62 and T-55 were utter crap, they even had wood parts. The T-72's we ripped right through another junk tank. Now what I have read up on is the T-80 is supposed to be better and I am not sure if the Russian cousins of mine have created a newer one like a T-90 but I saw some training demo videos of it and its pretty kick ass whatever it is.

The newer M1A2 (or A3) are really kick ass and top of the charts. so it's not just propaganda, it's a fact.

The one thing that scares the beegeezes out of us tankers is freaking jets, those bastards you can't shoot or hide fast enough from, I suppose the young new guys also have issues with the IDE bullsh1t as well.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya and so what? Is it hurting you Fred? Or the hobby? Scott
Although I would be troubled indeed if he was ripping off artwork, my comment was more to the point that he does not even bother trying to make his map and overlays congruent in style (which shows sloppy production values)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One of his other modules I saw had the dirt road having the straightest of lines that would make a drafting student jealous.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if WBW will next make a Beginners Kit (BK) for ASL Comp sort of like his solo kit?

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I still have some of his original Japanese stuff in a box somewhere. One day I will have to dig it out.

One question, these are not die cut counters, or? If not, I doubt I would ever get the time to cut them out.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is freakin' me out. Does ANYBODY know ANYBODY who is buying this stuff!!!!!!!!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Hi All

Before the anti-WBW brigade starts their assualt!
On a theoretical level we could actually have an intellectual argument regards the different componets
I am not a military theorist and probably cant comment much on the infantry he has portrayed but..

I am facinated by the Tanks - Mr Indestructable!! M1 Abrams is now a world -wide tank - we in Aus just got our set! to play with and people like Eqypt have 1000 ready to stop Israel! :upset:
But the Challenger (<400 ever built) supposedly was the better tank at the time :smoke:
That has always be based on pro US propagander (that does not seem all the "pro") that only 1 or 2 M1's went down (at the cost of more petrol than the whole of Australia consumes in a day :nuts:) for the many 1000's (I think thats right) of the T72's the were shreded while no Brit Tanks even lost a track :D

120LL (M1) and teh 125LL (T72) are both noth in the TK table that I can see
The 32 frontal armour is what? - I mean the top TK number in our wonderful table is 33 so 125LL might be a little more we hope - or maybee not - Maybee this is a battle of Tigers versus T28's :)

And the M1 goes fast (must have a refuel roll regularly I think to be accurate or have a truck full of petrol follow it :bite:

OK OK so maybee I am a bit tired to want to have a proper debate here when the material is likely playtested poorly but I am still curious:lier:

Rob :clown:
You raise a valid point, to wit: The Vietnam stuff he published had MA calibres that weren't actually listed on the TK table - and he also provided no figures for them. :eek:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I still have some of his original Japanese stuff in a box somewhere. One day I will have to dig it out.

One question, these are not die cut counters, or? If not, I doubt I would ever get the time to cut them out.
The Vietnam module I purchased had the counters pre-cut. They're a little thicker than "normal" ASL counters. I believe there is an image of them in my blog.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Interesting what the civillian counters are made for...?

I´m missing the Blackwater Operator counters, btw.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't see these being a problem by their existence. They are not taking anything away from ASL proper and if you detest them then don't buy them.

If they. Went for 20-30 pounds I might pick up one to have a look at but they go for inflated prices. It's hardly the guys fault that he's hit on a business model that works for him.

Is it an Internet/eBay scam? Possibly. But then no more than selling Warhammer 40k epic stuff without stressing that it's not the same as normal. Let the buyer beware and if you have to spend £150 on this crup then it's your own darn fault.