NEW from WBW - Fire in the East !!! Must SEE !!!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It's alright Olli we are a cool and understanding bunch you can come out any day and we will not hate you for it.
Tate might. You'd better stay in the closet. :devious:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
well...ummmm......how did the scenarios play? Where the scenarios balanced? :rolleyes::whist:
Didn't buy it to play it. Just had to see it for myself. I always thought that having an informed opinion of something required one to be...well, informed. No better way than to obtain a copy and see what the fuss was about.

I had briefly considered perhaps producing some third party scenarios of my own for this. Given the popularity of the modules, I figured it would have been ironic to make a bit of long green off the back of them - would that have made me a Fourth Party Publisher? I have no doubt my scenario cards would have been prettier than WBW's. But the syntax of the rules were a bit challenging, and I really wasn't positive it was something I wanted to associate my name with, so I let the idea drop.

Couldn't come up with a catchy brand anyway. "Second to Fight"? Too obvious.

It would be a good litmus test, though, as far as determining whether or not these sales are 'legitimate' as some are questioning. If a group of known designers got together, held their nose, and assembled a decent scenario pack for one of the larger WBW modules. If people are really buying and playing the modules, they'd go for the scenario add-ons, too.

If not, well, you'd know what to think about the WBW products, and the people bidding on them.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had briefly considered perhaps producing some third party scenarios of my own for this. Given the popularity of the modules, I figured it would have been ironic to make a bit of long green off the back of them - would that have made me a Fourth Party Publisher? I have no doubt my scenario cards would have been prettier than WBW's. But the syntax of the rules were a bit challenging, and I really wasn't positive it was something I wanted to associate my name with, so I let the idea drop.
That's what Pseudonyms are for !!!!

ASL Maineiac

Reaction score
This is freakin' me out. Does ANYBODY know ANYBODY who is buying this stuff!!!!!!!!
What's even more freaky is that he has 100% positive feedback! With everything that's been said about his products missing rules and their shoddy quality, you'd think some buyer would give him less than a perfect score.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
That's what Pseudonyms are for !!!!
Well, if WBW tried that I think he wouldn't have sold a thing; the supposition is that he is banking on his name.

I pulled out Glory & Grief after work tonight and did an inventory of the U.S vehicles.

It's not a bad mix of vehicles, and it's an ok start, but a few things strike me as odd, sitting here looking at them. There are many, many deviations from the ASL rules, naturally. The "Gun Truck" counter has a front AF of "-5" (with a box around it) and unarmoured for side/rear while the 2.5 ton truck it is based on has no symbols on the counter whatsoever to indicate target size or armor/unarmor status. Yet he remembers the exponent for the M113, which is an amphibious vehicle.

Bit of a hiccup in that I received ten two M48s lettered A-J, but also doubles of A, B, D and E. 14 Patton tanks in all, enough for a company I think. And yet there are only five M113 APCs - not even enough for two platoons of troops, though there are also five more M113s with the ACAV kits (Armored Cavalry Assault Vehicle). I suppose you could have counters for one type fill in for the other but I would find it strange to have a scenario with a company of battle tanks in Vietnam, and only a handful of APCs. Interesting choice.

I like the mix of vehicles though - LVTP-5 (six of them), M67 Flame Tanks, Patton dozer tanks (two of them), Mules with 106 RCL, a pair of M125 MTR APCs, V100 armored cars, Two Ontos, four deuce-and-a-half (this seems low too, if you're doing a convoy scenario), a pair of M151 MUTTs. The LVTPs have no AF either. The tracked vehicles have the white oval behind the MF, but the wheeled vehicles have nothing. No towing capacities for any vehicles. Etc.

The idea was right, but the execution was poor. He could have cracked open the ASLRB for ten minutes and brought the counters up to "code" just by comparing features to the Russian listing.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did buy the Solitaire rule pack last year but thats it.....see attached pic of one of the Random Event cards for this module.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And two more pics from WBW's Solitaire pack--these are sample pics of both the Move/Fire Command cards as well as another set of RE cards.

Notice on the lower left-hand FIRE Command card the notation for AFV firing--at 2/3 firepower! How do you do that??? Closest thing I can think of is using MG's in Overrun but that calculated as 3/2 firepower. I commented on this in another thread about his ASL products.

Mark

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
And some of this crowd b1tches about CH! :blab:

WBW sh1t is not even play tested...:nuts:

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I detect a Pitcavage-Dorosh convergence on this issue

The universe likely to end soon!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I detect a Pitcavage-Dorosh convergence on this issue

The universe likely to end soon!
But not for that reason. FKaC hitting its P800 number triggered the Japanese earthquake, it was a bit like the Doomsday Clock, ticking forward than jumping back a bit. When Festung Budapest hits its Pxxx number the Yellowstone supervolcano will blow and HP hitting its number will signal a 10 km asteroid strike. The Korea module is the end of the universe.