New forums boys and girls!

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Maybe they need to update the 'new' forum. Specifically, the 'CMX2' forum for 'next-gen' CMX2 engine based games..Since they threw 2.0 customers under the bus (they left the 1.0 guys ass-raw and out cold in a ditch...but who cares?)... maybe they should call it the CMX3PeeOh forum? Or the ThreePointDotOneOne Patch-Landish forum? Or the Dooshnozzled-remnants-of-whatever-they-once-were forum?

What a long strange slip it's been...

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The sequence of events you describe occurred almost immediately after I first bought CM Normandy.
I bailed when they went from 2.0 to whatever they're on now.

'Twice bitten, thrice shy' pretty well covers it, I guess.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Re: New forums boys and girls! (same old content)

I am mostly goofing on BF's categorization of CMSF and CMRT being in the same product grouping. They are several hominids apart on the evolution chart. While CMSF may not have been dragging it's knuckles, CMRT isn't exactly standing strait up.

The current state of affairs can be summed up by a quote from Steve...
We have not officially ended development on CMBN content. Besides future Upgrades, which are a sure thing, we are still thinking about doing various Packs. However, for now we're focusing on a few other areas.

Getting back to some questions about future content for Red Thunder and Fortress Italy. We are planning more content for both of these as well. Next up for both will be Modules to carry the theaters to the end of the war. We do not have timeframes yet for either one.

Steve
In other words...What you get is what you get. BF is like some pancake house serving up the same pancakes only with different syrup. Steve's Future Ball can't see past churning out the same "CMX2" checker cabs. The so-called "Features" that each family brings to the table, and then can be repackaged as Upgrades for previous families, has been replaced with mention of a few AFV that will be included. I read the "Bulge" announcement and imagined Steve barely able to stay awake enough to write it. He needs to take a nap so he can surf the web for more minutia regarding the Ukrainian skirmish.

Do I see a real developmental step in CM? Things like 'Action Spots not being 64 meters square? Trees that don't stop 12 pound steel objects going thousands of feet per second? A user-interface that is just not a drag to use? Etc. etc. etc.? CMX3 may never be. CMX2 is what they are selling.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Hey BMW gave up those stupid F-labeled cars (F10 5-series, F30 3-series), most of which drive like turds, and goes to G with the next new vehicle.

That's what the E cars lasted from 1968 to 2008, F from 2008 to 2015 because the traditional buyers didn't like it.

Maybe there is hope in the world.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam

I am enjoying the constantly developing New Forum at BF. I can hardly remember my life before this new forum. We must all remember to thank Martin Von Poodles for doing this. His hard work these past few months are palpable right through the interweb. They should give him a raise...

I just read a great thread...

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118972-katusha-girl-soldier-of-the-great-patriotic-war/

...it finally shows that JonS gets his military information through comic books. Much better than animated cartoons IMO. Does JonS seem a tad irritable? Could it be that he had no scenarios in CMBS? He had that gawd-awful thing in Market Garden...along with that odd "How to make a Bad Scenario" PDF.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam

Bulge. Seems like an overweight module to me...

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/119001-more-bulge-info-and-a-few-screenshots/

Features:
Bulge will use Engine 3.0 for CMx2, which is the same engine version used for Red Thunder and Black Sea. All applicable new features from those titles will be rolled together into Bulge. That includes mounted vehicle mortars on-map and... tank riders for American/German vehicles are in!

Last edited: