New Doctor Who logo revealed!

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any word on who will be portraying the Doctor? With luck our local PBS station will carry the new Dr. Who in 2015 or so.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the best shows ever created. I used to be a huge fan back in the 80's when it was on our local public broadcast channel. Haven't seen it on TV in a long time though.

Even managed to achieve a high rank of geekdom by going to a Doctor Who convention and shaking hands with Tom Baker. Highlight of my adolescence!

Is it a full series (a continuation of the original) or something new?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Doctor said:
Any word on who will be portraying the Doctor? With luck our local PBS station will carry the new Dr. Who in 2015 or so.
Christopher Eccleston. Well-established English Actor - mid 30s (?), been in a few British films - not sure if he's known over the Pond.

*EDIT - IMDB Bio *

Dr. S.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Siberian HEAT said:
Is it a full series (a continuation of the original) or something new?
As far as I know - a continuation. Not sure if they are going to handle a Regeneration scene from Paul McGann - or if it will just start with the new Doctor outright.

Also - the DALEKS will be featuring in the new series.

:D :D :D :D :D

Dr. S.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
As far as I know - a continuation. Not sure if they are going to handle a Regeneration scene from Paul McGann - or if it will just start with the new Doctor outright.

Also - the DALEKS will be featuring in the new series.

:D :D :D :D :D

Dr. S.
Boy there was no greater event in the series when a Doctor regenerated. Never knew what you were going to get.

For us Americans who probably missed most of the most recent episodes, can you tell me what happened in the very LAST episode? Did they know the show was ending and thus cap it off, or was the show stopped mid-season to where there is no true end?

I know some fanboy site probably has the answer, but I'm too lazy to Google it. :D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There was no proper "end" - whilst Sylvester McCoy was the Doctor it just...stopped.

This was in 1989.

BUT, in 1996, the USA co-funded a one-off TV movie with the BBC, and McCoy came back. The Doctor arrived in LA at the turn of the Millennium and got shot by gang members (I'm not making this up) which caused his regeneration.

Paul McGann was officially the 8th Doctor from that point - and it was revealed that the Doctor was...half-human. After a car chase (note - still not making this up !!!) the Doctor won through (something to do with the Master - played by Eric Roberts) and that was that.

It didn't get picked up for a new series, until now, where it's back in the hands of the BBC again.

There's an excellent series of audio adventures featuring all surviving Doctors, including McGann - made by a bunch of professional fans - Big Finish Productions. They were a real life-line for fans during the great drought of proper Doctor Who.

Dr. S.

Last edited:

eyemo

ACG Staff Photographer
Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes... and being filmed in Cardiff

Archamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
extermnate! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!

Acctually, I was never one for the shows, but I read the books, does that count?
:crosseye:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Archamus said:
extermnate! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!

Acctually, I was never one for the shows, but I read the books, does that count?
:crosseye:
Well, we won't take you off the list - but we'll move your name down to the bottom.

:D

Dr. S.

Dano

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who is the female assistant going be?

Oh please be Elizabeth Hurley. She English right?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Patrocles said:
how long has the show been running? Is this new series a spinoff or is it carrying on the proud tradition of the previous series? ...just curious...
The new series has yet to air - it'll be on over here next year.

As for the new companion - Billie Piper is her name - dunno if anyone across the Pond has heard of her, but she was a sort of minor pop-star a few years ago in the UK - kind of like a low-budget Britney Spears. She's playing a girl named "Rose" and is apparently quite posh. And nice to look at. :D

Dr. S.

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are. That's the last Doctor I remember. Between My last year in Scotland and the last 5 year-old reruns on PBS I saw in the mid-80's.

Nyssa was OK,But the accent topped with lots O' leg.....
Doc,Youve got to have a clip art file somewhere with her in it. :devil:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
SGT Long said:
We are. That's the last Doctor I remember. Between My last year in Scotland and the last 5 year-old reruns on PBS I saw in the mid-80's.

Nyssa was OK,But the accent topped with lots O' leg.....
Doc,Youve got to have a clip art file somewhere with her in it. :devil:
Got a slightly risque signed BBC postcard of Nyssa somewhere.

:D

Dr. S.