New Distant Guns! screens available

Rhetor

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Those screens look awesome. However, I don't think that my PC would handle the game in such high detail, especially during major engagements.

Jim Cobb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The intensity of graphics can be toned down. High detail was fine on my P III, GeForce 5600.

There'll be a try-before-you-buy deal where you can play at least one scenario for free for 30 days.

Dangerous Waters is good but has a perpendicular learning curve.

Rhetor

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Jim Cobb said:
The intensity of graphics can be toned down. High detail was fine on my P III, GeForce 5600.

There'll be a try-before-you-buy deal where you can play at least one scenario for free for 30 days.

Dangerous Waters is good but has a perpendicular learning curve.
That's good news - I've got Athlon 1800, 512 MB RAM and Radeon 9550. Rome Total War clogs only during massive battles on high detail.

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Distant GUns Graphic Requirements - Good News!

Gentleman:

You will be amazed at how many machines that our Distant Guns 3D engine will run on. Norm and I set out to make this a "true Windows 3d Direct X game". That means it will play in any true Direct 3D graphics resolution, reguardless of size.

If you have a display that sports 1920 x 1200 (as I do on my Nifty Dell XPS Laptop) you get more of the world, not just a stretched picture. The only caveat to this is the amount of video ram you have on your CPU. If you dont have enough for all the graphic "xtras" that you have turned on, then it might have problems. The good news is that we have tested it on 5 year old cpus, with 4 year old graphic cards and it works just fine!

Jim Rose
Kapellmeister
StormEagleStudos.Com