New Desperation Morale Blog Post

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
In the private sector it's "Cost, schedule, performance - All three...then knock 2 quarters off the schedule, your bonus is tied to it."
You must not get many bonuses then based on my Windows and other software experiences. Most stuff delivered to market these days seems to barely be BETA. -- jim

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You must not get many bonuses then based on my Windows and other software experiences. Most stuff delivered to market these days seems to barely be BETA. -- jim
I worked in hardware. It had to be done at launch. Hardware can't be patched after release. ?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you for your concerns, and opinion.
You are giving out health advice. Do you live a healthy lifestyle? Getting good advice from someone who sets a bad example is always confusing. I will receive health advice from others. I will ask my Doctor before I go. I will get tested before I go. If I am positive or even have a slight cold, I will not attend. On that and that alone will be my final decision. I would hope that lessens my foolishness. I will consider everything that I can. I will then make my decision based on the doctor's advice and not from any keyboard warrior.
As mentioned before if all attendees take the appropriate measures and even a test if need be, what else can be done? By October I will be back at work. I will be in libraries again. I may even have dinner out. Someone might get the disease from me in any of these situations. I will be living my life. If I should catch this virus in October at ASLOK then I knew the risks when I walked into the game room. I trust all that attend understand and accept this as well.
Or, why don't I just await Bret's decision. If he cancels, then I obviously will not go. If he holds the event, I will go.
ASL is NEVER for me about winning or losing. Never. Couldn't care less. ASL IS about social interaction and having fun. It is a fun part of my life. Life IS about memories. That for me, IS worth the risk.
Because doctors are never wrong or misinform, I was a combat medic for six years in the Army, three of those in Iraq. Do your own research, then ask the doctor meaningful questions, see what type of answers you get. As for the risk of ASLOK I think its just not worth it for people to take the risk Even if only one guest got sick and hospitalized, would make the event not worth it to me. The population of ASL players isn't the youngest and this would be the super-spreader event to destroy the game! J/k but really better safe then sorry.

ASL is NEVER for me about winning or losing. Never. Couldn't care less. ASL IS about social interaction and having fun. It is a fun part of my life. Life IS about memories. ~~Completely agree!

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Conspiracy theory nerds would say that it is hexrow 5G. ??
There was an excellent Tweet a few months ago that went along the lines of:

"Hi I'm John, a mobile telecoms engineer. The other day I was installing some 5G equipment when I accidentally flipped the switch from "Make Everybody Gay" to "Give Everybody COVID-19" so...er...sorry about that..."

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I would be willing to bet money that you will see no noticeable spike in two weeks at all.
That was back on May 26 with regards to Toronto and an event on May 24.

Current stats for Toronto:

Cumulative trend in Ontario:

For Ontario again
New cases by day

Code:
May 28 - 377
May 29 - 380
May 30 - 323
May 31 - 367
Jun 01 - 455
Jun 02 - 414
Jun 03 - 344
Jun 04 - 343
Jun 05 - 413
Jun 06 - 261
Jun 07 - 476
Jun 08 - 299
Jun 09 - 283
Jun 10 - 258
Jun 11 - 237
Jun 12 - 205
Jun 13 - 247
Jun 14 - 181
Two weeks after May 24 was June 7 - and new reported cases at a high for this period with 476. I should have taken that bet.

Last edited: