New counters in Red Factories!

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
His name is Ferdinand.....duh. Does not like being called Mr. Elephant. Back on topic now.
and here I thought his name was Hannibal - oh wait, that was the elephant's owner - Mr. Elephant Handler. Well, at least he brought along enough people to man all those pooper scoopers. :D

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now we need rules for elephants in steep hills.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is true that VotG is out of print, but the scenarios in question do not require the NKVD counters. NKVD counters do make them more convenient to play, but the OB and SSRs handle the case where no NKVD counters are available. And the new sD attempt counters can be used to mark the NKVD units anyw using themay.

JR
Seriously disappointed there are no NKVD counters in RF. It needn't be a full complement, but let's face it-given the panoply of counters in the system, play is enhanced by actually using them, not pretending other counters are ...other counters.
JMHuO

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Seriously disappointed there are no NKVD counters in RF. It needn't be a full complement, but let's face it-given the panoply of counters in the system, play is enhanced by actually using them, not pretending other counters are ...other counters.
JMHuO
While I understand this, the scenarios are written for play assuming the players do not have the counters. We played ASL for decades without assault engineer counters. We still don't have sapper and/or sapper & AE counters. Them that own the counters can use them, and them that don't can still play the scenario. And we got Motion Attempt counters!

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was a little surprised they didn't include any SW Mtrs at all in the counter set as we normally had quite a few of these lying around. I remember when we first played RB we had to delve into the SL set to complete the complement available for on-board use by mid-game or a little later.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I understand this, the scenarios are written for play assuming the players do not have the counters. We played ASL for decades without assault engineer counters. We still don't have sapper and/or sapper & AE counters. Them that own the counters can use them, and them that don't can still play the scenario. And we got Motion Attempt counters!

JR

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm really liking the addition of the StuIG 33B counters.

With the many copies BVv3 and the 2 copies of Red Factories I have, there are plenty of these vehicles to stand and "BLAST" out them pesky varmints....