New counters in Red Factories!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Saw those counters and wondered if they actually serve any purpose...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Saw those counters and wondered if they actually serve any purpose...
D2.6 "A vehicle may attempt Motion status only once per enemy MPh," and similarly for sD per D13.2.

JR

Last edited:

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm still waiting for the Aerosan Passenger counters. I had a small hope that MMP would correct this grave oversight from HP in RF. Alas, I'm disappointed yet again.......

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
If they had told me about these beauties I would have ordered six or eight copies!

View attachment 7956

JR
I was more interested in what counters were NOT in the box. One scenario (RB11) uses Walking Wounded counters. Are there any in RF? Nope. Two use NKVD counters (RB12, RO3). Again, nope. I know that they have come out in past modules, but releasing a product and saying, "Oh, by the way, you need counters from out of print modules for this!" seems like a big omission.

Especially when there were another 300(!) control counters in RF. Which might be useful only for those few people who will play a campaign game, and only if for some reason they have lost all of the 562 control markers that have come out in the past.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Given the size of the map/scenarios, it could be literally days between potential Motion attempts by the same vehicle. :)
Hard to believe that you believe this to have happened in the past or will in the future.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Again, nope. I know that they have come out in past modules, but releasing a product and saying, "Oh, by the way, you need counters from out of print modules for this!" seems like a big omission.
Good then that no one is saying that. :)

The scenarios in question do not require any NKVD counters from out of print modules.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
RB11: Walking Wounded counters are not needed when all the 527 and 447 in the OB are WW.

I was more interested in what counters were NOT in the box. One scenario (RB11) uses Walking Wounded counters. Are there any in RF? Nope. Two use NKVD counters (RB12, RO3). Again, nope. I know that they have come out in past modules, but releasing a product and saying, "Oh, by the way, you need counters from out of print modules for this!" seems like a big omission.

Especially when there were another 300(!) control counters in RF. Which might be useful only for those few people who will play a campaign game, and only if for some reason they have lost all of the 562 control markers that have come out in the past.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I agree on the control counters glut. If the base system had included Hex/Location control and perimeter markers in either Axis/Allies or Red/Blue or some such then each HASL wouldn't have to include their own set and could either include mule/elephant counters or less counters for reduced costs.

Reactions: PTY

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
each HASL … could either include mule/elephant counters or less counters for reduced costs.
I have to question the historical accuracy of the presence of elephants at Stalingrad. I know that a number of memoirs mention them, but then there are memoirs that suggest elephants crossing the Alps too, and no one believes that hair-brained report.

JR