New computer build for those flight sims

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting ready to build a new computer. I bought one off the shelf and it died seven days later; just long enough for me to transfer all my files, reinstall all my programs and then clean up my previous computer. Now, I have to remove the hard drive from the OTS computer, shred all my personal docs on it, reinstall it, and send it back to newegg. If they give me trouble over removing the hard drive to get rid of my personal files on a computer that died seven days after purchase, I am going to hit the ceiling.

Anyway, it's been a few years since I've gotten a fast new computer. This will be my first with a SSD and DDR4, and a $200 graphics card. Should be fast.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to hear about the hard drive. But a new gaming computer is always a joy, once you get the bugs worked out.

What flight sims do you have in mind?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What flight sims do you have in mind?
Cliffs of Dover and Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow (CoD first, as it is cheap right now). And I had just dusted off my copy of IL-2, the original.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I haven't played any flight sims in some years. I used to play Falcon 4 and the old Apache Lowbow sim, but that seems like ages ago.

Personally, I preferred sims with a lot of depth.

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woah.

There is so much that is insane and stupid about that plan...

What are you thinking, if any?