New color coded Close Combat Table Odds Ration - NO math required from 1:1 to 50:30

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: New color coded Close Combat Table Odds Ration - NO math required from 1:1 to 50:

Awesome! Helps us mathematically challenged folks!

wlk

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Re: New color coded Close Combat Table Odds Ration - NO math required from 1:1 to 50:

Interesting chart.
Never realized how useless was the 10:1 ratio.

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

SK can't overstack, right? What's the max FP you can get?

ireland94

Starter Kit Teacher/Mento
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

SK can't overstack, right? What's the max FP you can get?
Your are correct - you can not overstack with Starter Kit. However, you can with ASL so the table is designed to support either level of play. With Starter Kit that max you will get is three 838s plus supporting SMCs. Since there can be only 4 SMCs in the hex (Starter Kit 3.3), the maximum Starter Kit Attack FP is 28 if my math services me correctly. So the top 28/50 % of the table is used by both ASL and Starter Kit, while the lower portion can be used by ASL. I personally have never seen Attacks in the higher rage (above 28) in either Starter Kit or full ASL, but can image them in Stalingrad scenarios with full ASL where overstacking is permitted. So you have in your hand (assuming you printed the PDF) a table that works with either and requires NO MATH for any Attacker/Defender ratio with the limits of 1:1 to 50:30. I teach a lot of noubies that are playing Starter Kit and it has been a useful tool. Since the odds are not perfectly separate, for example 3/2, even with a calculate some combinations are difficult to compute. Any tool that makes life easier is worth having IMHO.

Der Fleischer

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States

Nice job! I am a mathematics professor and I use it!! Keep these useful game aides comig Pat!

tweaker

Reaction score

This chart should be in the starter kit expansion set. It's awesome.