New Clan Forming

jthomas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm interested, America's Army, either place.
I noticed today that the AA forum was rather stagnant at 5thACG. Perhaps that prompted the post here?

BTW, I tried downloading that monster last night, tried to install it and the executable would not run. :mad: My home computer theoretically has all the horsepower it should need (video, processor, hard disk). Any suggestions?

Also, I redownloaded it today at work as the Internet connection here is faster than the dsl at home. And then I figured out that I don't have a way to get that honkin' big file from my laptop to the home machine. My CD burner only handles up to 650MB! Any way to unpack and split up the files somehow?

Last edited:

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I dlownloaded it from 3d gamers.com and also if you go to download.com it should work. Keyword with you sir is DSL. I have cable moem and never have any problem. It took me little over an hour the other day to get it.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
jthomas said:
I'm interested, America's Army, either place.
I noticed today that the AA forum was rather stagnant at 5thACG. Perhaps that prompted the post here?

BTW, I tried downloading that monster last night, tried to install it and the executable would not run. :mad: My home computer theoretically has all the horsepower it should need (video, processor, hard disk). Any suggestions?

Also, I redownloaded it today at work as the Internet connection here is faster than the dsl at home. And then I figured out that I don't have a way to get that honkin' big file from my laptop to the home machine. My CD burner only handles up to 650MB! Any way to unpack and split up the files somehow?
The AA Forum at the 5th ACG was only created yesterday (by me), so that might explain it... :D

Dr. S.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Late comer, but sounding off too. I have both R6-RS and America's Army and I would like to lay it in a more serious/ not everyman for himself way.

Of course the geographic location might hinder it a bit... But if you go ahead, I'm in!

Cheers!

Marines

Reaction score
Well, I finally got a cable modem so... :D [Jeremy]

Games of this type AA, R6:RS, DF:BHD etc. usually "suck" to play online when its every man for himself as is the norm.

If you all would consider online practice I might give it a try.

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We need to form something of a four man squad. One man, using a sub machine gun/assault rifle, one using shot gun, one using sniper rifle, and one using machine gun. Devolp tatics to combat every situation that we could think of. This goes perfectly with topics we're discussing in the Uni

jthomas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Marines said:
Games of this type AA, R6:RS, DF:BHD etc. usually "suck" to play online when its every man for himself as is the norm.
Agree whole-heartedly. I just started playing online a bit over the weekend. Everytime amission would start, everybody would scatter willy-nilly, then you end up wandering around the map aimlessly looking for something to shoot. I ended up getting shot by my own side as much as by the OPFOR. They also seem pretty clique-ish. Also idiots sayings stuff like, "Nobody shoot anybody this round, I need 10 more honor to move up a level" :mad:

Obviously, I finally managed to get the downloading squared away, go thru Basic, medic, airborne, and SF training in pretty short order. It's funny, I qualified as "Marksman" the first time around, too, back in 1979. But back then I had to pee real bad while on the firing line! :laugh: Don't ask what my excuse was this time.

Anyhoo,shoot me an email when we can get a session together. I need some notice.

JeremyScott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Im working on a computer problem, but should be back up and running tonight. Then I shall have to redownload everything and I should be good to go by Friday.