New challenge

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Errrr... Where's your love for the Farve.
I was born in NO but I only lived there in the hospital for about a month until my parents adopted me & for the first 20 years of my life I moved all over LA (but I lived mostly around Shreveport/Bossier City). Ever since then I've lived in or near Baton Rouge so I'm a die hard LSU fan BUT I'm still not a Saints fan. Just before moving to BR we lived in Bogalusa & I lived with a girl & we went to the beach in Biloxi (or Gulfport, or Waveland, or Bay St Louis) every chance we got. & there was this young gunslinger down there from this itty bitty town called Kiln, MS & then he got sent to the Packers (my 2nd favorite team to PIT).

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Now that is WAAAAY too cool!o_O🤪🤩👍
" Sgt. Eagle the Big Brass want to know if you have the brass to take this fine piece of captured equipment out on a reconnaissance mission through that enemy held forest for the honor of the Cavalry?"

" Your gaping mouth is attracting flies Sergeant. "

Lol if it was me I would change your most excellent avatar to one of you shooting that kugelkrap pile of junk.

Btw no offense meant.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I was born in NO but I only lived there in the hospital for about a month until my parents adopted me & for the first 20 years of my life I moved all over LA (but I lived mostly around Shreveport/Bossier City). Ever since then I've lived in or near Baton Rouge so I'm a die hard LSU fan BUT I'm still not a Saints fan. Just before moving to BR we lived in Bogalusa & I lived with a girl & we went to the beach in Biloxi (or Gulfport, or Waveland, or Bay St Louis) every chance we got. & there was this young gunslinger down there from this itty bitty town called Kiln, MS & then he got sent to the Packers (my 2nd favorite team to PIT).
Adopted too bro. Three days old. Loved the folks to death and never held any animosity against my birth parents. These things happen. Worked out fine for me.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for hijacking your thread George. Even when I try to stay on topic it happens.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Not quite so much a challenge as an attempt to see if anyone has heard of this or is it internet BS.

It's the Kugelpanzer. Supposedly the Soviets captured a model of one from the Japanese in Manchuria.

OMOOT is unable to provide a link.

Btw a very enjoyable thread. I can never answer the challenge but find it very entertaining.
This one came up before.

Still, I am astonished why anyone would have gone as far to even produce a prototype of this contraption. In any case, this one has a place on the list of crazy & useless German designs.

Just imagine this oddball going at 30mph and then try to steer it with that ridiculous minuscule wheel in the back. Or try to steer with that wheel in anything even remotely resembling soft ground...

von Marwitz

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
This one came up before.

View attachment 21609

Still, I am astonished why anyone would have gone as far to even produce a prototype of this contraption. In any case, this one has a place on the list of crazy & useless German designs.

Just imagine this oddball going at 30mph and then try to steer it with that ridiculous minuscule wheel in the back. Or try to steer with that wheel in anything even remotely resembling soft ground...

von Marwitz
If it really were a German experimental design, it would be accompanied by reams of paper, and yet it apparently is not?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If it really were a German experimental design, it would be accompanied by reams of paper, and yet it apparently is not?
Have you peeked into the inside of the oddball? Who tells you that half of the space is not filled with manuals and regulations, and that the 'vision slit' is not actually the slot to throw in orders and parking violation tickets? Maybe the design failed for lack of space to accomodate these. ;)

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
This one came up before.

View attachment 21609

von Marwitz
Was it on Da Paul Challenge? Would love to have seen his comments on it.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even in Vietnam (1960s - 70s) the infamous Chauchat was used (reportedly).