New challenge

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
That one is a Verdeja, but thats not WW2.

The half track must be a Legion Condor’s one…. But that gun?

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
A Finnish Maxim M/32/33. Note the filler cap on the water jacket for adding snow to cool the weapon.
A new Cadillac will be delivered to your home next week.

Yes, those foxy Finns really knew how to take perfectly good Red Army weapons, improve them and turn them on their former owners to greater effect. This was originally an M1910, mounted on an improved tripod with an optional AA configuration, firing a modified 7.62 x 53R cartridge in steel belts instead of the original cloth type. Cyclic rate improved from 600 to 850 rpm. The big giveaways are the Finnish-made optical sight and the genius of the snow cap for the cooling jacket.

You can just see some recruit on winter maneuvers in the late 20's saying to himself, "Why the frack am I carrying a 3-kg water can out here while my balls are freezing? Get me a can opener!"

Last edited:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A new Cadillac will be delivered to your home next week.

Yes, those foxy Finns really knew how to take perfectly good Red Army weapons, improve them and turn them on their former owners to greater effect. This was originally an M1910, mounted on an improved tripod with an optional AA configuration, firing a modified 7.62 x 53R cartridge in steel belts instead of the original cloth type. Cyclic rate improved from 600 to 850 rpm. The big giveaways are the Finnish-made optical sight and the genius of the snow cap for the cooling jacket.

You can just see some recruit on winter maneuvers in the late 20's saying to himself, "Why the frack am I carrying a 3-kg water can out here while my balls are freezing? Get me a can opener!"
Wow! I can only imagine the sound of a Maxim at 850 rpm.

BTW, I'll take my Cadillac in the form of a CTS-V with the manual transmission, thanks!