New CH

LHMG

Reaction score
ASLComp Devil's Vineyard: Heraklion 1941
ASLComp BATTLE AT BEST – 101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION
"This order represents the production of a custom made item and your order represents a contract for purchase and may not be canceled and ships upon completion."

Has anyone heard anything more specific on these two titles. I just saw it on their website and was wondering if there was anything more definite on the time frame as this could mean two months or two years.

"New German Fallschirmjaegers, the first Greeks in any release for the Battalion, and a cool map – the title is THE DEVIL’S VINEYARD – you’ll find out why that title is appropriate soon enough."

That sounds really interesting.

"Includes at a brand new historical map, at least 8 new scenarios, at least 736 color die-cut counters and a color folio."

Cant wait to see that as I always thought the battle for Crete had a lot of potential as a game, especially ASL.

"Modules providing German and British Nationalities and the ASLRB are required to play. May substitute NAT Sets providing Germans and British instead of modules containing those Nationalities."

Pardon my being so dense but what the heck does that mean.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Usually when a new item is first posted for sale it is like a MMP pre-order. It is in production and probably will not be out for delivery for a few months. Sometimes they come sooner.

You wrote:
"Modules providing German and British Nationalities and the ASLRB are required to play. May substitute NAT Sets providing Germans and British instead of modules containing those Nationalities."

Pardon my being so dense but what the heck does that mean.

CH has Nationality counter sets for sale. You can use the original sets from MMP or you can buy CH counter sets and use them.

Ray

LHMG

Reaction score
Thats good to know because I have found it just about impossible to get Lost Battalions, Doomed Battalions, For King and Country, etc which makes it hard to play an awful lot of ASL scenarios (kind of frustrating).

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't forget that even if you get the counters, you still will not have the nationality notes for them.

LHMG

Reaction score
Not that i have seen or see on the website

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm being roasted in another discussion for suggesting this. Some people are saying this is stealing from MMP. More likely they are afraid they can no longer sell hoarded copies of AoO for $400 bucks.
I love this. Whenever I see self righteous Americans around Asia harping on about Chinese knockoffs I have plenty of stories to tell.
MANY THANKS!!! :D

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love this. Whenever I see self righteous Americans around Asia harping on about Chinese knockoffs I have plenty of stories to tell.
Funny I have not noticed too many knock offs from Asia of products that are decades out of production. Nor have I heard complaints about pirate copies of Windows 3.1 or Microsoft Bob.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Knowing Chris I can testify that he is not out there to just make a buck, but is offering these an an assist to people wanting to have a quick and easy to find reference to improve their game (he's a player after all). The monetary amount is not that great considering the time and effort put into gathering all the info and putting it out in a clear concise manner, that is unless EVERY ASL player would purchase these (and he certainly doesn't expect that -BUT IT WOULD BE WELCOMED for sure:D). As for stepping on someones toes, as you can see, the wealth of information provided and presentation is an individual effort and does not "copy" an others work, but utilizes the information available only; no different than making up a "Rat Pack" flip chart or "First/Final Fire Flow Chart" in an attempt to ease the understanding and play of the game.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Knowing Chris I can testify that he is not out there to just make a buck, but is offering these an an assist to people wanting to have a quick and easy to find reference to improve their game (he's a player after all). The monetary amount is not that great considering the time and effort put into gathering all the info and putting it out in a clear concise manner, that is unless EVERY ASL player would purchase these (and he certainly doesn't expect that -BUT IT WOULD BE WELCOMED for sure:D). As for stepping on someones toes, as you can see, the wealth of information provided and presentation is an individual effort and does not "copy" an others work, but utilizes the information available only; no different than making up a "Rat Pack" flip chart or "First/Final Fire Flow Chart" in an attempt to ease the understanding and play of the game.
Exactly!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I was a guest on a chinese wargame forum and said something like this but in reverse, what do you think those Chinese people would say?

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, it almost make you wonder if the loudest complainers are some of the ones who are selling the $400 dollar copies of AoO, $300 dollar copies of FKaC, and the $200 plus dollar copies of CdG, DB, and HL.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What people are selling their goods for has nothing to do with the legalities of copyright infringement. Your basic argument is that you can't afford it. That's pretty much the same argument used by everybody that purchases those types of goods. As somebody that I'm sure you'd consider the loudest "complainer", I can assure you that I've never sold an ASL product on eBay. Just so you know, if you continue to insist that I'm a complainer, I'm going to go ahead and insist you're a thief. Since we're calling names.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can always get the cards here: http://webpages.charter.net/no_danger/index.html

Which amount to the same thing but in a more useful format
Nobody's arguing that one shouldn't be able to buy these or that they're not useful. But ownership of the original Chapter H is a necessity to not be stealing. Because if you purchase the IP contained in Chapter H in these cards without owning the original Chapter H, you're stealing. Period.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nobody's arguing that one shouldn't be able to buy these or that they're not useful. But ownership of the original Chapter H is a necessity to not be stealing. Because if you purchase the IP contained in Chapter H in these cards without owning the original Chapter H, you're stealing. Period.
Except you are complaining and I have stolen nothing.

Last edited:

LHMG

Reaction score
I'm being roasted in another discussion for suggesting this. Some people are saying this is stealing from MMP. More likely they are afraid they can no longer sell hoarded copies of AoO for $400 bucks.
I guess they are all copyright lawyers and know what they are talking about but unless someone is selling photocopies of the chapters in question I dont get it. The cards dont look like anything I have seen AH or MMP produce but maybe the numbers are copyright protected :) Just curious, but why doesnt MMP shut them down for selling the cards???

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess they are all copyright lawyers and know what they are talking about but unless someone is selling photocopies of the chapters in question I dont get it. The cards dont look like anything I have seen AH or MMP produce but maybe the numbers are copyright protected :) Just curious, but why doesnt MMP shut them down for selling the cards???
Because I suspect that MMP has enough sense to realize that it is probably not copyright infringement, it does not cause them any loss, and that products like that actually create overall sales for them.