King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
RV of Battle of Kursk – Thunder at Melikhovo
Battle for the Second Defensive Belt by the 4th and 12th Panzer Divisions
For hose who Love Kursk – Here is a devoted module at a particular part of this larger battle
Again I tried I phone pic but the would not load as too big as IMGs so I will try to shrink them

Four Main components
  • A 4 page blurb – AS usual for newer CH packs Includes terrain, bayonet charge, panzer command, tank hunters for Ruskies and extra SSRs
  • 5 counter sheets if you needed more counters (interestingly a sheet of concealments?) – done the new style CH way with completely different pictures to others representing all the usual culprits of that were of that period
  • Big Historical Map that played out covered 1/2 of my “queen sized bed” – usual CH features – new buildings, map labelled trenches etc etc – The give you Nord and Sud and you play on Nord for all scenarios except the bonus – now that means there is more scenario to come in Sud I presume at some later date?? (note I may be wrong here but it looks that way)
  • Scenarios 9 (last two are monsters) and no CG
In detail
#1 Hill 216 Nord – Flankers – 18 German Sqds and 2 x HMG Hts attack 19 Russians with lots of mgs over 8.5 Turns in the small bottom SW corner
#2 Hill 216 Nord – Feline March – 12 Germ sqds – 4 x Hts, 4 x Tiger’s, 2 x Pz IVH’s, 2 x Pz IIIN’s, Pz IIIl’s and StuH x1 – attack Russian 12 Sqds and 7 crews with 4 x ATGs and 6 x T34 M43 – 1 x KV- over 8.5 turns in the Eastern side of the board
#3 Hill 216 Nord – Pakfront Pause – 14 German Sqds with 12 hts (including 2x HMG, 2 x 37L, 2 x 81mtr) and 3 x StugG’s – attack 11 Ruskie sqads, 8 x crews with Mgs, 2 x 57LL ATGs and 4 x T34M43’s over 8.5 turns on the NE part of the board
#4 Hill 216 Nord – Orders are Orders – 17 Germ Sqds with 3 x Pz III(Flam) , 3 x Hts attacked 16 Russian Squads plus 15 crews plus 1 x ATG in bunkers, wire and mines – over 10 turns in the Nort East Corner
#5 Hill 216 Nord – Personal War - 4.5 German Sqds and a Pz IIIN attack 6.5 Russian sqds with mines over 6 turns in a small pocket of the central map
#6 Hill 216 Nord – Push On – 31 Germ sqds (and a 10-3) with 2 x Pz IINs and 2 x HTs (HMG) attack 12 Russian Sqds, 6 crews with 2 x 57LL ATGs, bunkers, wire and mines and 1 x T34M43, 1 x Churchill III over 10 turns on a strip of the East of the Map
#7 Hill 216 Nord – DER WAHR NORD – 22.5 Germ Sqds, 3x tigers, 3 x Pz IIIN’s, 2 x Hts, 2 x 81mm Mtrs attack 24 Ruskie Sqds, 9 crews with Mgs and 2 x 76L art and 3 x T34M43’s, 3 x T70’s over 8 Turns in the NE of the Map
Monsters
#8 Hill 216 Nord – Thunder at Melikhovo – 34 Germ Sqds, 4 x tigers, 3 x PzIIIN’s, 3 x PzIIIL’s, 3 x PzVIH’s, 1 x PzII 105, 2 x Hts, 1 x 75L ATG, 1 x 20L aa, 2 x 81mm Mtr attack Ruskies of 64 Sqds, 29 crews, 6 x T34M43’s, 6 x T70’s 4 x 76L Arts, 2 x 82mm Mtrs over 25 GTs across the entire NORD board (not SUD + NORD)
Hill 216 Bonus – Zitadelle Soldaten – NOTE THE ONLY TIME ALL MAPS IN THE PACK ARE USED I THINK
68 German Sqds and crews, 6 x tigers, 6 x PzIV H’s, 6 x PxIIL’s 3 x PzIIIN’s 1 x PzII 105, 10 x hts, 2 x 75L ATGs, 2 x 20L aa, 4 x 81 mm MTRs attack Ruskies of 108! Sqds, 32 crews, 6 x T34M43’s, 6 x T70’s, 4 x 76L Arts, 2 x 82mm Mtrs over 36 turns on both NORD and SUD – massive

That’s the RV

Cheers

Rob

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
RV of Battle of Kursk – Thunder at Melikhovo
Battle for the Second Defensive Belt by the 4th and 12th Panzer Divisions
For hose who Love Kursk – Here is a devoted module at a particular part of this larger battle
Again I tried I phone pic but the would not load as too big as IMGs so I will try to shrink them

Four Main components
  • A 4 page blurb – AS usual for newer CH packs Includes terrain, bayonet charge, panzer command, tank hunters for Ruskies and extra SSRs
  • 5 counter sheets if you needed more counters (interestingly a sheet of concealments?) – done the new style CH way with completely different pictures to others representing all the usual culprits of that were of that period
  • Big Historical Map that played out covered 1/2 of my “queen sized bed” – usual CH features – new buildings, map labelled trenches etc etc – The give you Nord and Sud and you play on Nord for all scenarios except the bonus – now that means there is more scenario to come in Sud I presume at some later date?? (note I may be wrong here but it looks that way)
  • Scenarios 9 (last two are monsters) and no CG
In detail
#1 Hill 216 Nord – Flankers – 18 German Sqds and 2 x HMG Hts attack 19 Russians with lots of mgs over 8.5 Turns in the small bottom SW corner
#2 Hill 216 Nord – Feline March – 12 Germ sqds – 4 x Hts, 4 x Tiger’s, 2 x Pz IVH’s, 2 x Pz IIIN’s, Pz IIIl’s and StuH x1 – attack Russian 12 Sqds and 7 crews with 4 x ATGs and 6 x T34 M43 – 1 x KV- over 8.5 turns in the Eastern side of the board
#3 Hill 216 Nord – Pakfront Pause – 14 German Sqds with 12 hts (including 2x HMG, 2 x 37L, 2 x 81mtr) and 3 x StugG’s – attack 11 Ruskie sqads, 8 x crews with Mgs, 2 x 57LL ATGs and 4 x T34M43’s over 8.5 turns on the NE part of the board
#4 Hill 216 Nord – Orders are Orders – 17 Germ Sqds with 3 x Pz III(Flam) , 3 x Hts attacked 16 Russian Squads plus 15 crews plus 1 x ATG in bunkers, wire and mines – over 10 turns in the Nort East Corner
#5 Hill 216 Nord – Personal War - 4.5 German Sqds and a Pz IIIN attack 6.5 Russian sqds with mines over 6 turns in a small pocket of the central map
#6 Hill 216 Nord – Push On – 31 Germ sqds (and a 10-3) with 2 x Pz IINs and 2 x HTs (HMG) attack 12 Russian Sqds, 6 crews with 2 x 57LL ATGs, bunkers, wire and mines and 1 x T34M43, 1 x Churchill III over 10 turns on a strip of the East of the Map
#7 Hill 216 Nord – DER WAHR NORD – 22.5 Germ Sqds, 3x tigers, 3 x Pz IIIN’s, 2 x Hts, 2 x 81mm Mtrs attack 24 Ruskie Sqds, 9 crews with Mgs and 2 x 76L art and 3 x T34M43’s, 3 x T70’s over 8 Turns in the NE of the Map
Monsters
#8 Hill 216 Nord – Thunder at Melikhovo – 34 Germ Sqds, 4 x tigers, 3 x PzIIIN’s, 3 x PzIIIL’s, 3 x PzVIH’s, 1 x PzII 105, 2 x Hts, 1 x 75L ATG, 1 x 20L aa, 2 x 81mm Mtr attack Ruskies of 64 Sqds, 29 crews, 6 x T34M43’s, 6 x T70’s 4 x 76L Arts, 2 x 82mm Mtrs over 25 GTs across the entire NORD board (not SUD + NORD)
Hill 216 Bonus – Zitadelle Soldaten – NOTE THE ONLY TIME ALL MAPS IN THE PACK ARE USED I THINK
68 German Sqds and crews, 6 x tigers, 6 x PzIV H’s, 6 x PxIIL’s 3 x PzIIIN’s 1 x PzII 105, 10 x hts, 2 x 75L ATGs, 2 x 20L aa, 4 x 81 mm MTRs attack Ruskies of 108! Sqds, 32 crews, 6 x T34M43’s, 6 x T70’s, 4 x 76L Arts, 2 x 82mm Mtrs over 36 turns on both NORD and SUD – massive

That’s the RV

Cheers

Rob
I picked this one up together with the Sud module. Big map when both laid out. The counters that came with are crap though!

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The map looks nice and the counters look good from the pic. Standard CH counters and way better than what they use to produce.
I was a bit hasty in my response!. First off i'm a CH fan, I love their maps and counters are excellent. Recently bought their Leningrad offering, 2 of the 4 Cherkassy Pockets HASLS, various winter maps of their modules and a number of their Nationality Sets. In fact, I don't use MMP MMC counters. I usually use a few of these to get my chimenea going in the summer nights!. What I meant in my previous post and you can see in the pictures above, is that there are an odd collection of counters included in the module as an afterthought. i.e feldgrau colour, 2 different Russian brown colours, standard german blue, olive drab. These have all been lifted from previous modules. Everything else is good though

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was a bit hasty in my response!. First off i'm a CH fan, I love their maps and counters are excellent. Recently bought their Leningrad offering, 2 of the 4 Cherkassy Pockets HASLS, various winter maps of their modules and a number of their Nationality Sets. In fact, I don't use MMP MMC counters. I usually use a few of these to get my chimenea going in the summer nights!. What I meant in my previous post and you can see in the pictures above, is that there are an odd collection of counters included in the module as an afterthought. i.e feldgrau colour, 2 different Russian brown colours, standard german blue, olive drab. These have all been lifted from previous modules. Everything else is good though
Okay, I see what you mean now. My initial thought was the counters were for some other aspect of the game.

I knew that you were a fan of CH, I meant nothing derogatory towards you or CH. Their counters have vastly improved over what they use to publish. Their maps have always been pretty decent but I am not a fan of the map panels and they do subjects that nobody else does.

I am really liking the new Genesis II project. It looks very interesting.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay, I see what you mean now. My initial thought was the counters were for some other aspect of the game.

I knew that you were a fan of CH, I meant nothing derogatory towards you or CH. Their counters have vastly improved over what they use to publish. Their maps have always been pretty decent but I am not a fan of the map panels and they do subjects that nobody else does.

I am really liking the new Genesis II project. It looks very interesting.
Don't want to start a flame war with the map panels, everyone has an opinion on them! I personally like them as they are on sturdy card. In comparison look at the flimsy quality of KGS Scherer and BFP's Schmidt maps as a comparison. Don't want to knock these publishers (KGS is my all time favourite module - just need to see my posts in LFT folder)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, it's ok. I have pretty much sworn off CH unless something really catches my eye. Not really a hater, but they mass-produce so much stuff, most really unnecessary and poorly playtested/duplicate material, I gave up. Maybe when I was in my younger years who would have bought anything SL/ASL, but back then, there were no third-party producers. That is my opinion. Can't really remember the last thing I bought. I think it was the Red Soviet counter product. Russians look way better red than Germans black.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Dear Mark

Great to see you back engaging on the Forum - I for one have missed your wise comments and I hope what ever kept you away is at a point that means that you can be here more and helping this family survive a broken world we live in

I have never figured out that question on most of what I see or in reality buy (very picky now) - I am on CH message board but don't find it too revealing either when asking such questions - lots of silence in that forum

Again great to see back mate

Cheers

Rob :)

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Big Historical Map that played out covered 1/2 of my “queen sized bed” – usual CH features – new buildings, map labelled trenches etc etc – The give you Nord and Sud and you play on Nord for all scenarios except the bonus – now that means there is more scenario to come in Sud I presume at some later date?? (note I may be wrong here but it looks that way)
I knew some ASLers played ASL in bed.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Probably the only ASLers worthy of consideration in this regard turned out to be fakes. Remember these two "girls" a couple of years ago that were double accounts of that creepy dude?

von Marwitz
Judge by your own standards, why dn't you, some of the gamers out there are pretty darn hunky :love::love:
??

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Judge by your own standards, why dn't you, some of the gamers out there are pretty darn hunky :love::love:
??
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH mmmmmmmmaaaaannnnnnn.......you just cannot unsee that remark :p