New ASLSK map ideas (And your ASLSK favorite map)

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Just as a side note, a number of the upper "teen" boards 16 thru 19 are very ASLSK friendly. In fact a few are almost straight ASLSK boards, I think 16 and 17 just have a few hedges on them.

Regards
Joe

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Board 17 has ponds too, although that is less of an issue if one has access to the HASLSK module Elst.

Board 19 is arguably a better ASLSK candidate, as is board 33. Both are compatible with the ASLSK hedge rules, i.e., there are no hedges adjacent* to building (or woods) hexes.

Board 19.png Board 33.png

Edit: There is a wall adjacent to hex 33R6, but I doubt that it would generate many conflicts during play.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Oh no they are NOT. You can also fire a PF from them without Backblast penalty. YUGE.
I don't think you can.

B23.211:
"...A lumberyard is considered identical to a wooden Single Story House in all respects except for Rout (A10.51), Rally (A10.61), Victory Conditions (A26), and EC DRM for Kindling/Spreading (25.5) purposes, the ability to fire mortars and AA Guns therefrom, and the hex may not be OVR by vehicles...."

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh no they are NOT. You can also fire a PF from them without Backblast penalty. YUGE.
Factories yes, which are possible in ASLSK SSR. But for some reason the designers didn't think that lumberyards were as "roomy" as factories.

Non-collapsed huts work, which may have some impact on the ASLSK PTO project. Note that firing a BAZ from a hut would create a Flame in the hut, something not currently covered by ASLSK. (Last I heard, there were no burning wrecks in ASLSK either.)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think you can.

B23.211:
"...A lumberyard is considered identical to a wooden Single Story House in all respects except for Rout (A10.51), Rally (A10.61), Victory Conditions (A26), and EC DRM for Kindling/Spreading (25.5) purposes, the ability to fire mortars and AA Guns therefrom, and the hex may not be OVR by vehicles...."
Gah. My bad. I was thinking of Mortars. Which, if ya think about it, are just Vertical Panzerfausts...

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Board 17 has ponds too, although that is less of an issue if one has access to the HASLSK module Elst.

Board 19 is arguably a better ASLSK candidate, as is board 33. Both are compatible with the ASLSK hedge rules, i.e., there are no hedges adjacent* to building (or woods) hexes.

View attachment 2094 View attachment 2095

Edit: There is a wall adjacent to hex 33R6, but I doubt that it would generate many conflicts during play.
Chris

Good catch on board 33! SSR that wall right out of the way:)

Some of the new boards in the 70's range are ASLSK friendly as well.

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Board 1 if you ignore the stairwells.

I think board 52 may be the only totally compatible board. ;)

Der Fleischer

Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llUnited States
I think using current ASL boards is a convenient solution, but one that may have until unintended second and third order effects. Those boards were designed for ASL and all the bells and whistles that come with ASL (bypass, vehicle bypass, dashes, etc, etc, etc). As such, they may not be te best choice. I would prefer to see dedicated ASLSK boards and am really excited about the PTO SK due out at some point.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think using current ASL boards is a convenient solution, but one that may have until unintended second and third order effects. Those boards were designed for ASL and all the bells and whistles that come with ASL (bypass, vehicle bypass, dashes, etc, etc, etc). As such, they may not be te best choice. I would prefer to see dedicated ASLSK boards and am really excited about the PTO SK due out at some point.

Good point! when push comes to shove I agree with you. I am sure more ASLSK boards are on the way. Until then, it is nice to "dream" about using some of the original ASL boards.

Any type of ASLSK board you wish to see?

Thanks
Joe