New AATF Engine Game Announced, sorta...

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of you have been asking what's next for ProSIM. Some mistakenly assumed that our coming announcement was delayed by the Boeing project.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?p=923712#post923712

Actually, this was not the reason for the delay.

I was going to wait, but I think a little pressure might help in this situation...

We sold a 2 article series and a mini-game based on Operation Iraqi Freedom to Armchair General which we delivered early last month. The article and mini-game retells the story of the fight at Tallil Airbase and allows you to "take command" and compare your solution to the historical outcome. The article is called "Decision at Tallil" and the mini-game is "March to Baghdad Episode One: Decision at Tallil." The game will be offered as a free download at www.ArmchairGeneral.com to anyone who owns the issue of the magazine.

And that is the problem. Armchair General is sitting on the article now. They have no projected date for release. I, unfortunately, am powerless at this point. They own the game and article and can do whatever they want with it.

If you would like to see this new game, I recommend contacting the editor, Eric Wieder, at the Armchair General forums. If he prints the article and offers the game, and the response is good, he has indicated he will commission additional episodes. We absolutely want to continue producing scenarios, so I recommend making your voice heard.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Pat, is this game seperate to the game that CPangracs has been working on or is it part of the project that he indicated he was working on a while back?

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes,

We had a long talk and decided to try this unorthodox distribution method (multiple mini-games vs. one single physical product).

Unfortunately, that plan was predicated on a much faster turnaround from Armchair General. We hope they publish the game soon. We are sure once fans get their hands on it, they will ask for more.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes,

We had a long talk and decided to try this unorthodox distribution method (multiple mini-games vs. one single physical product).

Unfortunately, that plan was predicated on a much faster turnaround from Armchair General. We hope they publish the game soon. We are sure once fans get their hands on it, they will ask for more.
Right, I'd better sign up to Armchair General & keep my eyes open for it then.
Maybe hit them with a few e-mails as well perhaps.:)

Look forward to playing it.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Is it my poor eye sight, or is the article not contained within the January 2008 issue?

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Barring some pressure from wargamers to bump it up, we probably will not see it published until the second half of 2008!!!

Believe me. I want it out there so we can get on with producing more installments.