New 3.6 and ANW scenario Liberation

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
This is the fourth scenario in my new Batteset 'Hugo's Folly'

It features the nearly complete Venezualan OOB against what I think the Dutch could bring to the Carribean to try to take back the ABC-islands. With recent frigate sales to Chile and Belgium; F16 sales to Jordan and P-3s to Germany the Dutch navy is really at a long term low in numbers but a high in quality.
Venezuela has been modernising as well - and for the purpose of this scen I've assumed they found the long needed spare parts for F16s.

A relatively simple scen to design; I was very pleasantly surprised by how tough it is; trying to crack a shipgroup defended by a Zeven Provincian class frigate; or matching the Dutch F16/AMRAAM combination against new Venezuelan Su-30 Flankers proved to be very nice!

Scen has been tested by me and by Herman in 3.6 and ANW and both of us found it a real tough one - and we were both hoping to see some players Multiplay this one!

Enjoy!

Freek

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
hello Freeks,

thanks for sharing so entertaining scenarios.

i probabled not searched enough but where are the second and the third secnarios of the batteset 'Hugo's Folly'?

cheers,

Jan

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Freek has released "St. Maarten" (#2) and "Liberation" (#4).

He is currently working on #1, and #3.

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Scenario #3 is in test and #1 is still lacking some creative idea's! Feel free to suggest some! Freek

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
i'm getting slaughtered in the 2nd! :D

about the third, i was wondering what could happen in them since the second and the fourth are already closely linked.

about the first, i don't think that evacuating in C130 when there are Sukhois in the air is that playable but, eh, i'm only a player ;)

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
slaughter?

Slaughtered in scen #4 ? Yes is is very tough!! From both sides too is my experience! My ideal scen is one thats tough, two-side playable and this one is real close!

#1 is the invasion of the ABC islands, yes very uneven OOB so we (Herman is building this one!) will need to compensate probably through vicconds.

#3 will be named "Assemble" and covers the phase when Ducth ships are arriving and some Specops are taking place.

We have not thought beyond 4 yet!

Thanks for playing and hope you have fun!

Freek

JanMasterson

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
he he, i was talking about the "St. Maarten" (#2). The ennemies planes bombed the airport before i can get the KD close enough, then my ships are slaughtered by the exocet sent "en masse".

A Patriot batery defending the airport would help a lot.

About , "Liberation" (#4) something weird is that teh Van Galen (F031) wich is 70nm south of St. Eustatius is member of the TF Eversten located 421nm WSW. Even at full pseed, she wouldn't have enough time to regroup in the time limit of teh scen.

for the third scen, you are right, it would be interisting to play the initial movement of the Task forces (the player could choose to form one big TF to maximize his defensive power and the break his formation for landing ops).

on the venezuelian side, the mission would be a classic "delay and wear down" with none or minimal losses to let the main forces to prepare for the final battle.

cheers,

Jan

FreekS

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Thanks Jan, nice to hear feedback!

The position of Van Galen has been fixed - it was an alt ref point remembered from a previous scen - my mistake! If you dl the megazip again you get the fixed version

The loss of Van Galen in St Maarten is likely - though not certain - and the game should still be winnable - though very tough!

We're in the design/testing of both #1 and #3 and your suggestions are very welcome!

Freek