need scenario info

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, who has good information on the 2nd battle of Rostov in July 42? I'm looking to make a 3 scenario mini pack on this battle. Have some info but need more especially info on the Slovak Unit that helped clear the city.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Google is your friend. Searching in German, Russian and Slovak is even better.

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Slovak Rapid (Fast) Division fought in the German 5th (V) Corp along with the German 9th & 198th Divisions in the battle for Rostov-on-Don in July 1942 as part of the drive to the Caucuses.

There is very little information in English on the Slovak units, you will have to dig deep in the internet, or find books on Germany’s Eastern front allies. I don’t envy your task of finding material on Slovak small unit actions to create ‘accurate’ ASL scenarios. Good luck.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have a little bit on the Slovaks in my Scenario Designer's Handbook - the Mobile Division that hayman mentions had two regiments (20th Infantry, 21st Infantry), an artillery regiment (three x 9-gun battalions), a recon battalion, and a tank company with 12 tanks. All the units were motorized. The tank company disbanded in 1943.