need modding help

Bartec

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
i want to change the time turn. wanna make maps for squad, fireteam szenarios.
1 turn 10 minutes or whatever.

plz plz help.

regards

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I don't think that will work without major revisions to the entire engine. For starters, DA's combat is heavily abstracted because it's a simulation of combat at the brigade+ level. Line of sight, elevation, smoke, and other tactical variables aren't part of the game due to the scale, so I don't see how such a mod would be useful without building those things in. And make no mistake, that would be a serious undertaking because those are very difficult issues to deal with. Jim Lunsford (the original designer) could probably do it, but I'm not sure anyone else could unless he made the source code available along with notes on how things work now.

I would much rather see Jim make some of the changes I have already suggested which would greatly enhance DA in the eyes of wargamers and make it a far friendlier game. All the items I suggested are fairly straightforward and within Jim's capability to program without building an entirely new game engine. If he would do that and call it DA 2, I would gladly pay.

Bartec

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
thanks for reply,
im sure u are right, that u may need more then just the time scale to make such a game like this
but just to modify the time couldnt be so difficult i think.
so if u have any idea, plz tell me.

DA2!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Jim Lunsford used to visit this forum a long time ago but I haven't talked to him in ages. I would be interested if he has any plans to release an updated version of DA at some point. There's a lot of low hanging fruit that would be easy to pick and make DA a better game.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At the Army CGSC they have an updated version that I have heard may be submitted to the public if there is enough interest shown.