need Half Life^2 help!! Caution! possible spoilers inside

Patrocles

Reaction score
Ok, picked up HL^2 this weekend.

The graphics are amazing. The overall atmosphere is well done and absorbing.

I'm not too happy with the Steam engine thingy. do I understand it correctly that you need an internet connection just to play the offline single player??

Right now I need help with HL^2. I'm stuck in the root kanal portion where you are on the steel grating and below is a large pipe that you need to travel through. I found the red valve that raises the water level enabling me to swim through the large pipe to the adjacent room. However, there is no ladder to get to the side to exit the room and I can't get the water level raised higher to reach the landing. What can I do? any help would be greatly appreciated.

here's a screenie:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
Ok, picked up HL^2 this weekend.

The graphics are amazing. The overall atmosphere is well done and absorbing.

I'm not too happy with the Steam engine thingy. do I understand it correctly that you need an internet connection just to play the offline single player??

Right now I need help with HL^2. I'm stuck in the root kanal portion where you are on the steel grating and below is a large pipe that you need to travel through. I found the red valve that raises the water level enabling me to swim through the large pipe to the adjacent room. However, there is no ladder to get to the side to exit the room and I can't get the water level raised higher to reach the landing. What can I do? any help would be greatly appreciated.

here's a screenie:
So if a witch floats in water then...
...she must be made of wood!

Buoyancy man! Use the physics engine!

(there are boxes, boxes float, use them)

Patrocles

Reaction score
Overseer said:
So if a witch floats in water then...
...she must be made of wood!

Buoyancy man! Use the physics engine!

(there are boxes, boxes float, use them)
what also floats on water? churchs, lead, very small rocks!

Boxes?! Ok, I recall smashing open a box in the room to right of the pic for the medicine...i'll look around for more boxes! thanks for the tip!

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
no no - dive down and bust open up the planks over the centre pit - this with release the wooden cable drums to come floating up :)

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
no no - dive down and bust open up the planks over the centre pit - this with release the wooden cable drums to come floating up :)

Ohhhh right, I forgot that was this one. Well I was still kinda right, look for things that float. :D

Patrocles

Reaction score
Ivan Rapkinov said:
this is the method that worked for me. I didn't see any other items floating around...the only alt method I can think of might be stacking the barrels?

I guess there are more boxes around? I will have to go back and check it out later on.

thanks for the help!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
this is the method that worked for me. I didn't see any other items floating around...the only alt method I can think of might be stacking the barrels?

I guess there are more boxes around? I will have to go back and check it out later on.

thanks for the help!
Yeah, he was right, I forgot you had to free the stuff from the bottom before you had anything to jump on.